Honey will heal you!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Honey will heal you!

Postby Honey butt » 17 Feb 2012, 02:13

Hi,
I'm a 33 yr old woman and I've been suffering with super painful condition for months. I've tried improving my diet but I already eat really healthy, and I tried a few other remedies I found on the internet (neosporin, and tinactin) which only hurt more. I have always had more faith in natural healing and I searched for a solution to this problem. One day I remembered that honey is great for wound care and so I thought I'd try it. It works so awesome!! Within a couple of hours it reduces pain and inflammation from extreme to none! I'm broke so I just use the cheap organic raw honey (it must be raw) from trader joes. It works wonders. I decided to take the time to create an account here because this condition is so very painful and treatment difficult to figure out. I want you all to know that a cheap and pain free solution is here for you. Try some honey, directly in your butt. Yes it sounds weird, just try it. Even if your condition is really bad. Just put on a little and see if it improves. The first few moments it can tingle a bit and may hurt just a little but if you can ride it out, it will be worth it. I also recommend a hot bath everyday or even 2-3 times a day. Sit in hot water for a bit and cleanse without any soap which can aggravate your skin, then dry off and put on the honey. The key to a full recovery is consistency, if you feel better don't stop until it's fully healed, even a day without the honey can be a possible setback. PS if the area around your butt becomes red and itchy the honey may have caused a minor yeast overgrowth. Everyone is susceptible to a yeast infection caused by sugars. If it happens get some miconazole cream (sold for ladies yeast infection) and apply to the skin outside and trade off with the honey every other day inside your butt. A yeast infection is possible but a much more manageable condition than the fissure so I strongly recommend you risk it to get a cure. Good luck, and feel better. :)
Honey butt

Topics: 1

Re: Honey will heal you!

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2012, 09:59

I'm so glad to hear you have found relief using honey! Honey is a wonderful healing agent, often used in the treatment of chronic wounds. Just one word of caution about using honey off the store shelf that is intended solely for consumption, even if raw. This honey intended for consumption is not intended for topical use on wounds and is often not filtered for certain types of particles and contaminants. There are a lot of honey products out there intended for use on wounds, and though they do cost more, it is well worth the extra expense to avoid any potential problems.
That being said, it is really wonderful that this simple solution has worked out so well for you!

Postby workingonit » 17 Feb 2012, 12:26

I love to hear success stories!
Thank you.
I totally agree with you about consistency. Once you find a way that works for you, you gotta stick to it and be patient.
You might want to still be cautious even after you are fully healed as it is easy to re-tear in the first few months.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet relief » 02 Oct 2012, 21:42

Hi there,
I wanted to say thank you for Honey butt's suggestion and vouch for the raw organic Trader Joe's honey treatment. I came across this forum after searching online a lot and after putting off seeing my doctor for months and months about this ridiculous condition. Anal fissures really put the ass in embarrassed, let me tell you :) Anyhoo, I was prescribed Nifedipine ointment and it worked but a year later they came back. Plus, at $40 even with insurance, it's expensive. So I tried the honey and it is wonderful! Here is an overview of the treatment I use to combat this awful, itchy painful condition:
- Put on a dab of petroleum jelly around the area before you poop. This coating protects the area.
- Finish your business, wipe, and then use a bit of witch hazel on a cotton pad, TP, or tissue. This feels nice and cleans the area. I found Witch hazel at my dollar store, so don't pay a lot for it.
- Rinse with a little water & dry. Certain soaps may irritate you more so it's not necessary.
- Apply the honey before bedtime each night. It gets on your undies a bit but washes out easily. It took about a month of this for my condition to go away completely.

I learned that raw, organic honey has antibacterial properties and heals wounds in general so it makes sense why this works. Thank goodness! I recommend that anyone else who is suffering to try this because it costs less than 10 bucks and puts healing into your own hands in a natural way.
Sweet relief

Postby mally » 22 Jan 2013, 21:20

I suggest trying from Amazon:
Eras wound honey (it has manuka honey, aloe & "B"
Maybe combined with:
Eucerin intensive repair foot cream (it has lactic acid AND is hypoallergenic). But the Eucerin may be redundant. Not sure.
...i'm wondering if coconut oil with manuka is similar to aloe with manuka?
I find that sometimes the combo of licoriceExtract & FlaxOil are soothing when rubbed on together.
Vaporub is soothing for milder situations (I once saw this long blog where many people with eczema were raving about vaporub). It does have a cooling effect, as does BlueStar Ointment.
I sometimes rub vaporub on tongue sores caused by high-arginine diets (such as when I don't balance my diet with enough lysine foods such as milk or eggs)
On a tangent, pure avocado butter is great for itchy eyelids caused by computer use. So is coffee (balanced with molasses & creamer), since coffee is astringent, as is black-cherry-berry.
Due to my autoimmune-fibromyalgic sensitivity, all my sores (bodywide), as well as flu-symptoms, headaches, and toothache are triggered by not only high-arginine foods such as citrus, nuts, raw-onions, & chocolate, but also upon prolonged exposure to chemical-filled computers with high-ghz processors or bright fluresence. Which is why I'm rooting for displays with options to turn off the back lighting. These non-irritating video-displays do exist already, so even let's say they do have chemicals, at least the non-backlights prevent heavy outgassing of chemicals.
mally

Postby Euronius » 24 Jan 2013, 14:48

I was just reading through this and I am so glad at least some of us got some relief. But, I was wondering where can I get wound honey? Does the regular honey that various traders sell, work too?
Euronius
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2