anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Postby Agibson » 10 Jan 2018, 18:04

Im really curious to know if anyone else has found this.

Im presently upping my food intake generally (2 months now) and it seems that regular intake and sizeable meals are keeping my BMs type 4 more than any other approach or product that ive tried!

ive always been slightly underwieght and perhaps just wasnt eating enough which wasnt helpful for evacuation. Consciously eating more (i think) means that i've not had a remotely hard stool in 2 months now - im guessing there's no time for it to become dry. which is interesting because im not having loads of fibre right now (i def have in past with mixed results). seems too simple a cure, but 2months now!

surely i cant be the only one to have experienced this?!
Agibson
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Postby Wotan » 12 Mar 2018, 10:29

Dont know, but you certainly push more out if you take more in !. However, I must say that mine started to play up once I lost weight ( 2.5 stones to be exact ! ). I too have been on a diet, and I am sure it has not helped. That said I increased the water intake and take fybojel and eat quite a lot of fruit
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Agibson » 19 Mar 2018, 10:28

these issues are so mysterious! after swearing by fibre for years, since nov ive been almost symptom free (after 7 years of fissures) having gone back to: meat and 2 veg meals, eggs for breakfast, lots water, hardly any fruit, no dairy and no fibre guzzling (take that as you will).

I just dont get it! im glad im in a good phase though, probably the best since it started. the fibre i get is only sweet potato/courgette or mushroom that i might have with a meal. i even left legumes alone.

gonna stick with this plan for awhile. its working well, even if i miss a day, or take a flight, type 4s are still the norm.

Good luck to all trying to figure this stuff out!
Agibson
Salt Bather

Postby Agibson » 21 Mar 2019, 13:59

Hello again!

ive been continuining this style of eating another 6 months and its still working!! its pretty rare for me to have a hard movement now, and even if i do (due to travel perhaps) i seem to have healed to the point where im strong enough to survive it. im still pretty careful to stick to the above, but my golden rules are no red meat/bread/tea/fibre supps/hi fibre anything/fibre/wholegrain/appleskins/nuts etc...

I basically live on chicken, fish, pasta, rice, pizza (plenty of it seems absolutely fine for me). basically im pretty convinced my fissures before were caused initially by too much bread, steak, brown rice, wine, chocolate, tea, and sandwiches. i then made it worse by trying every fibre supp under the sun. the last to mess me up was chia seeds with porridge. yes i went, but stools were horrible. ive dropped fibre entirely from my diet (at least intentionally) and my life is back to normal. i didnt believe it could be the culprit of course, because of common 'knowledge' but 12 months later, what more proof do i need? i dont take any pills or special medications. i had the worst pain for 6/7 years, robbed me of my prime years, and to solve it, all i had to do was stop adding fibre to things, and only eat easy to digest food.

i still try to plan a movement most mornings (unless leaving for work early) with nice warm water, coffee, then breakfast. now it is reliably soft and literally moulds to me gently on exit with no hard feelings whatsoever. when i think about it, of course after all this evolution, my body knows how to create a stool, when to go, how to tell me, how to initiate, how to evacuate fully etc. it really doesnt need much in the way of control from us. I thought my reflex was broken, or my digestion faulty, or my hydration skewed, or whatever. but i was wrong. I was convinced i had to do something to make up for a lack in my genetics or something, by adding supps or controlling my diet to the nth degree. but in fact as it turns out, i was my own worst enemy. i have gotten out of the way now. even if i dont go for 2 days, its fine when i do because i havent packed my self to the brim with 30gs of fibre (or rapid hardening cement as it felt like).

I can of course appreciate, we here are not the same, and suffer from different ailments, levels of health, activity. All i can say is that if you are considering whether fibre can be the cause of your constipation - take it from me, it is possible. and since realising that, my life has gone back to normal 99%, despite losing almost a decade of full health.

I wish you guys all the best as always.

AG
Agibson
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 21 Mar 2019, 22:51

Nice post Agibson. Do you still eat more than "usual"?
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 22 Mar 2019, 04:54

I notice if I skip meals, my BM is larger and harder so I do agree there
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Agibson » 22 Mar 2019, 12:53

Abu,

thanks, no i don't have to now. It helped, i think to stimulate, but since cracking the fibre relationship, i can miss a day and not suffer particularly. but im always underweight so try to eat plenty. have you found this no fibre a thing, or tried it?

AG
Agibson
Salt Bather

Postby Abu » 22 Mar 2019, 23:57

For me it also works very well to stay on low fiber, however I completely avoid grains even though my favourite food was pizza :) Wheat seems to cause hard stools everytime I have a go at it.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 23 Mar 2019, 02:30

I found my system tolerates gluten free better. But I'm not supposed to be gluten free until after the colonoscopy so I just need to eat wheat in June. Dreading that.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Abu » 23 Mar 2019, 04:24

Why do you want to do colonoscopy okaybum?
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist