anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Postby Agibson » 10 Jan 2018, 18:04

Im really curious to know if anyone else has found this.

Im presently upping my food intake generally (2 months now) and it seems that regular intake and sizeable meals are keeping my BMs type 4 more than any other approach or product that ive tried!

ive always been slightly underwieght and perhaps just wasnt eating enough which wasnt helpful for evacuation. Consciously eating more (i think) means that i've not had a remotely hard stool in 2 months now - im guessing there's no time for it to become dry. which is interesting because im not having loads of fibre right now (i def have in past with mixed results). seems too simple a cure, but 2months now!

surely i cant be the only one to have experienced this?!
Agibson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Postby Wotan » 12 Mar 2018, 10:29

Dont know, but you certainly push more out if you take more in !. However, I must say that mine started to play up once I lost weight ( 2.5 stones to be exact ! ). I too have been on a diet, and I am sure it has not helped. That said I increased the water intake and take fybojel and eat quite a lot of fruit
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: anybody else found fissures heal when you eat more?

Postby Agibson » 19 Mar 2018, 10:28

these issues are so mysterious! after swearing by fibre for years, since nov ive been almost symptom free (after 7 years of fissures) having gone back to: meat and 2 veg meals, eggs for breakfast, lots water, hardly any fruit, no dairy and no fibre guzzling (take that as you will).

I just dont get it! im glad im in a good phase though, probably the best since it started. the fibre i get is only sweet potato/courgette or mushroom that i might have with a meal. i even left legumes alone.

gonna stick with this plan for awhile. its working well, even if i miss a day, or take a flight, type 4s are still the norm.

Good luck to all trying to figure this stuff out!
Agibson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4