Guys hello...and please advise me what is happening :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Guys hello...and please advise me what is happening :)

Postby Recked » 21 Feb 2012, 22:46

Hello all,
It is a great pleasure to find you all here ..our online community is great it seems..
Alright, i won't waste your time by asking things to which i already know the answers to (diets, precautions etc) ..
however i am very puzzled as to what is happening with me .
5 days ago...i was a bit depressed, i drank almost a whole bottle of whiskey (Sorry i am a drunkard sometimes)... and right after that, i ate almost 400gms of deep fried beef patties (ofcourse chilies were there in it, very spicy) ...
anyways...the next day..i woke up...and had the huge urge to go and take the world record biggest dump (will use BM from now on) ...
the same day..had to go for 2 more BMs after which i felt relaxed...my stomach was on fire..same as my anus
im a middle eastern guy...so u know...we usually dont wipe...but use our left hand....
since im living in Australia, i started the wiping thing just now..like 2 months ago..i wipe and then wash as well...(just used to washing)... however, its the 3rd day(a day after i took 3 huge BMs) that i noticed during wipe i saw bright red blood, and i checked the bottom, and i saw bloody toilet...wasnt huge amount of blood...but the more i pushed out..the more blood fell..like 3-4 good drops....
i was afraid as hell....i thought finally the CANCER has won...anyways...the strange thing is...i didnt felt a single pinch of pain..at all.....
the same night....i had another BM...and same result...blood....
i started looking up desperately on the forums and found out i have AF... which was very depressing..
anyways...this is the 5th day...strangely enough...after taking precautions (applying vaseline around the anus and a bit inside with the pinky finger....and taking 2 sitz bath a day)....i dont have any more blood....
i tried eating green salad...(only twice so far)...4 banana's and grilled chicken .....avoided all spicy food....drank plenty of water...
just had a sitz bath again...and another BM....and no blood...so i guess i only bled for like the 1st and 2nd day (the day i discovered)...and since then....i m ok...
what do you all think? i checked carefully with a mirror...inspected my anus...i dont see any cracks....i dont feel any pain inside during BM...vaseline and sitz bath might have cured the AF/Crack very soon it seems..but im keeping my anus gently lubed with vaseline before and after each bm(with shower ofcourse)...
shall i be worried??
i reckon it was the harsh wiping that did the damage
please do sort this out for me...
im the newest kid on the block
Love to all
Recked
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Guys hello...and please advise me what is happening :)

Postby Recked » 22 Feb 2012, 07:01

Seems like my problem dosent really seems to be that interesting to anyone, :( ...anyways just wanted to update..
today is my 6th Day..had 2 more successful BMs and so far...no pain..no stretching and no blood...
doing the same as usual...grilled chicken,,brown bread...salads....bananas and heaps of water...
Sitz bath only taken once so far today....
i hope someone REVIEWS my post and replies instead of READING and moving on...
a feedback would be encouraging for me
love to all
Recked
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 22 Feb 2012, 10:04

Hey Recked,
If there is no pain, my thought is that it is internal hemorrhoid(s) acting up.
I don't think wiping makes a difference with those. So next time you might want to get some suppositories.
You can't really be sure til you have a doc look up there.
But my mom has had both AF and internal hemorrhoids. The hemmies actually bled more than the AF, but didn't hurt. The AF hurt with every BM.
Hope this helps!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Recked » 22 Feb 2012, 11:12

Hie Tanya..
thank you for your kind reply..
well i am sure..u know how one (all of us infact) feels when the first instance of seeing blood in stools.
i was definitely alarmed
but as you mentioned above about the internal hemorrhoid, i really dont have any symptoms of that.
believe me, i inspect the area almost every other hour, i dont stretch to see, just gentle part,
i dont see any
1) mucus discharge
2) i have no pain (i had another successful BM with no strain and no blood,, makes it 5 in 2 days overall).
3) i have no itching at all whatsoever near that area
just to clarify a bit more
i have never suffered constipation, i usually have 1-2 BMs as far i know per day
i never strain, i know when to hit the lu, i never hold it back
my general belief is and i am sure about it is that
i was really wiping very hard as i really am not used to the feeling of it if u know what i mean
above all, i believe the day (3rd day when i discovered) i saw the blood
i completely stopped using the wipes. im back to the old routine, the hand wash
i am pretty sure that i am not wrong in saying i did cracked the outer skin area with the harsh wipes cuz i have never had any blood in my stool ever in my whole life despite having the same lifestyle (drinking, spicy foods) all my life uptil now.
as for suppositories, i bought ANUSOL , and have only used it once but somehow the vaseline provides better relief.
but thank you very much for your kind review and suggestion.
i am just waiting for another week or so. if all is good, i think im the Lucky one (i hope so) .
and definitely, will visit the doctor soon anyways to just be sure about whats going on :)
please do give a feed back on the details i provided
love :)
Recked
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 22 Feb 2012, 13:00

Hi there Recked,
Very difficult to say if there is a problem, as all is just as new to us as to you with your description.
Hemmies usually hurt like hell if they are going to irritate, but it is usually in a swollen way, and preparation H or something like that will help. Having had two ops for that, plus a thrombosed one, I know the feeling. Don't remember passing blood, but I know it is fairly common, so if it is bright red and doesn't persist, I would say it is nothing to worry too much about. If it persists, make an appointment with a colon and rectal surgeon to take a look.
If it is a fissure, you will feel pain. Believe me. The pain of a paper cut, except eventually this unhealing paper cut has a response from your anal sphincter which says 'CLOSE TIGHT'! In the beginning of an anal fissure it is described as acute, and you may have blood and maybe not.
Once it becomes chronic, there is sometimes blood and again sometimes not. But, there is pain and a difficulty in passing a BM (usually), often the sensation of something still left behind, which usually turns out to be the size of a pea but feels like a golf ball. If you are like me, you land up eating less and less in order to relieve the pain of going to the loo. It is a sensation like no other. Having a baby was easier...
So, hope this feedback gives you some satisfaction. However, if you bleed more, and in more amounts, then do take yourself off to your GP at least and see what he/she says.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Feb 2012, 17:01

Hi
Sounds to me like you have an internal hemi. The bleed like heck and with no pain. I have one as well, but it has been quiet for a long time. If you had a fissure, believe me you would know it!!! Pain, spasm, pain. Feels like you are pooping razor blades. Sounds like with the whiskey and fatty food, you got a super sized BM which may have caused or flared up an internal hemi. I wouldn't run to the Dr right away, keep eating the salads, drink water etc... If and go back to your old wiping or not wiping ways. If you still see blood, then a trip to the Dr may be in order.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Recked » 23 Feb 2012, 04:21

Thank you very much Sue1962 and savaici, you guys have really put new thoughts in my mind..and new perspective to look at things...
yes im definitely sure that i dont have AF because the description you both have given, i dont have any of those symptoms i.e
1) razor feeling during pops
2) bleeding and so on..
ok...now please correct me if i am wrong somewhere...and please advise me of what i m saying makes sense
today is now the 7th Day...
i had 2 more BMs...i dont want to go to details..but i had absolutely no problem having the BMs..things looked normal as they should be
i realized..that over the last 2 months, i was eating a lot of Danish Bre Cheese, and i also increased taking RED meat intake....since i cook at home very good..the intake of Red meat did went very high with the cheese as well...
ALCOHOL ofcourse is there alongwith everything else...
so now im switching back to my old diet...
I go for Chicken (grilled, fried), mash potatoes, vegie fried rice(potatoes,carrots,onions)...and on on off Vegie Pasta as well....
PLEASE help me to know if its ok to have chicken sausages in breakfast ...with brown bread? butteR???
i also stopped having coffee..i usually dont have it anyways in summer,i just usually have half a cup or maybe less to just WAKE UP....not a big fan of it..so thats out of my diet anyways now from now on
is there anything else i can add to my diet?
I NEED YOUR ADVICE on two things...
1) the Cream ANUSOL, it has a nosel to insert into Rectum too, i tried it for the second time today in all these 7 days....just need to know..after applying the cream around anus area...when i insert the nosel into rectum,, do i need to insert it all the way????
cuz if i just insert like half or a bit less...the cream tends to come out ....or the purpose is to just let the rectum have a bit of the cream and the rest coming out is normal??
Second thing..Despite all the readings/reserach/forum reading problems i have done..
i dont seem to have still
Any blood in my stool since i stopped wiping the 3rd day[b]
I dont feel any pain at all during BMs
I inspected my Anus very detailed today, i did saw just one little red ,very minute swollen vein but its right outside, and despite touching it, i didnt felt any pain?
Shall i not be worried? becuase if there is no bleeding, and no pain, then i think things are getting normal???
Im keeping far away from Beef, cheese and alcohol for a long time, atleast a month is my deadline to see if all is normal...is it a safe time period to decide all is good on my own??
Im very thankful to anyone who views my PROBLEMATIC POST and spares his/her precious time to reply
i would be thankful for all your feed back here please
love to all
Recked
Fibre Addict