Calling out to the fellow botoxees out there

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Calling out to the fellow botoxees out there

Postby workingonit » 10 Mar 2012, 10:15

You know my crs said I was the same last time I saw him, even though I felt better than the first time I saw him. I just figured it was because he is a jerk with no bedside manner.
Interesting how different CRSs all are from each other. Reminds you that they are human I guess.
The decision is ultimately your own. A second course of botox would be just that? no cutting?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby sailorgal » 11 Mar 2012, 19:12

I imagine so. Altho, he says he can do it in his office - i would just have to get my insurance to preauthorize it, I would pick it up from the pharmacy and bring it with me to the appointment.
which is different from my 1st CRS who says my insurance won't cover botox alone in the office, but would cover it if it was given in conjunction with the fissurectomy in the operating room. i told him this and he says that's not true, that that is part of a "racket" some hospitals have in the pressure they put on the surgeons to get people into surgery. he says it's tricky to get insurance to cover it, but they have figured out how to do it. so it will be interesting to hear what she says regarding a possible 2nd injection and how we would go about that in order to get insurance to cover it.
Not feeling too concerned about it "not being healed", but I DO feel better, able to do more, can tolerate BMs better - i still have soreness up to 4 hours and often take it easy, but the fact that i'm keeping social plans with friends says a lot.
I'm only taking 1 stool softener every other day and was able to get thru all of last week without any vicodin (still taking lots of fiber pills and water, but my diet has grown in diversity). So, all these things I think are super positive . . . will post again after my 7 week f/u with my 1st CRS this week.
Where are all you at with your plan of care?/ healing?
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby workingonit » 11 Mar 2012, 20:19

Hey Sailorgal,
I'd like to try botox. But I'm not sure I have confidence in the crs I am currently seeing to be the one to implement it.
But it will likely be ages before I get to see a second crs.
In the meantime I am all set to try self dilation once a day. But my daughter will be home over spring break for the next two weeks, so i won't get a lot of privacy! lol
:)
I'll just have to play it by ear.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby sailorgal » 13 Mar 2012, 20:28

Had my 7 week post-op visit today and the good news is that upon examination, my CRS said there is evidence that the fissure is healing. for whatever reason, i have just been a much slower healer than expected - but honestly, i think retearing during my 3rd week didn't help, but I guess that's pretty common anyway. i'm staying the course with my regime:
lots of water
~10 fiber pills/day
1 colace every other day-ish (weaning off)
3 prunes/day
hydrocortizone ointment
nifedipine (just started today)
witch hazel astringent
multiple sitz baths/day
chillin' out, having friends come to me
gentle work outs / dance class when i'm feeling well
600-1800 mg ibuprofen today (CRS says i still have inflammation/swelling)
diet is more varied these days, not as scared to have some of the "forbidden" foods I was avoiding before, but generally less in quantity - i did gain about 5 pounds back that i originally loss when this all started.
so that's it, feeling generally hopeful and like things are moving in the right direction.
sending out golden healing vibes to all the bums that hurt out there :)
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby workingonit » 13 Mar 2012, 20:43

How often do you use the witch hazel sailorgal?
Is it tucks or straight-up?
I think next time I have a setback, I'll try the ibuprofen. I forget that it is good for inflamation.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby sailorgal » 15 Mar 2012, 21:32

I just started using them (tucks) on monday.
how have you been doing, tanya?
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby workingonit » 15 Mar 2012, 21:54

Hey Sailorgal,
I'm doing better. the Af feels almost closed. touch wood and whistle. I'm sure I'll have another set back or two so kinda bracing myself. I did advil a couple nights ago and it did help.
kinda worried about the enlarged papilla on the inside end of the scar though. Hope is shrinks as the AF completely heals.
That's great that you are eating more of a variety. Afs kinda suck the fun outta life. So when some of it comes back it is oh so sweet!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby sailorgal » 17 Mar 2012, 09:38

Absolutely, hear ya loud and clear.
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist