Had Fissurectomy 3 days ago, not bad

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had Fissurectomy 3 days ago, not bad

Postby LosAngelesFissure » 25 Feb 2012, 14:06

Hi all!
After I got a chronic anal fissure from my hemmrhoidectomy in November of 2011i finally decided to go through with a surgery. My CRS couldn't properly diagnose me because of pain so he said when I was knocked out under general anesthesia he would take a look and determine the best course of action (lis vs fissurectomy). Had surgery on Thursday at noon and it's now noon on Saturday. Had a BM Friday morning and the stool was very bloody, but no dripping blood. This morning i had a bm and, although it was soft, I had to push ( I'm pretty sure I always have to push) and there was about a tablespoon or two of dripping blood. MUCH less pain than a BM with a fissure,
LosAngelesFissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Had Fissurectomy 3 days ago, not bad

Postby LosAngelesFissure » 25 Feb 2012, 14:11

...granted I'm on Torodol (excellent pain killer). I know fissurectomy is less common than LIS, but has anyone had it here that can offer some recovery post op advice? (Only positive please, don't need to hear "wish I wouldn't have done it Image). How long does it take to heal? Anyone able to ever have anal sex after a fissurectomy? Howlong after surgery? Thanks guys :)
Oh, as of today, very little pain and glad I got the surgery
LosAngelesFissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2