Post OP- I am think I have a curling Iron up my Hinney!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post OP- I am think I have a curling Iron up my Hinney!

Postby Trifox » 25 Feb 2012, 16:32

After 1.5 years of dealing with a fissure, i decided to get the surgery. I had a partial internal spincterotomy and fissurectomy. The CRS said that I had two " very deep" fissures and removed 2 large skin tags. So i have many stiches up there:) and stitches on the outside for the PIS.
My CRS prescribed Hydrocodone and Lidocaine topical ointment. I am at "9" on 1-10 scale. My butt is on fire and a ton of pain!! I called the CRS office this morning and told them the medicine was not even touching the pain. They stated " Take more of the hydrocodone and come into the ER." What are your thoughts?
I have taken a Sitz bath and taking the medicine and ointment religiously. Anyone else had deep fissures like this? I need some advice on what to expect and what to do....HELP!!!
Fox Image
Trifox
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Post OP- I am think I have a curling Iron up my Hinney!

Postby workingonit » 26 Feb 2012, 12:36

Trifox,
did you go to the ER??
i hope you are feeling better today!!!!!
It seems like you just never know how surgery down there will go pain-wise. Like a crap shoot.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby hotpinkblack » 27 Feb 2012, 02:27

Go to the ER, they will probably give you stronger drugs to deal with the pain, and plus they can monitor you at the hospital to make sure you are ok.
hotpinkblack
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Quiggles » 27 Feb 2012, 16:58

I had my surgery 4 weeks tomorrow and had LIS and a tag removed and I still have the burning and pain not sure what is going on either. I hope you are feeling better today.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby rasmith3530 » 27 Feb 2012, 22:44

If your CRS' office said go to the OR, then that is what I do. What strength Hydrocodone are you on (10-325)? I have taken up to three at a time with BAD pain, but then I built up a very high tolerance to pain meds years ago through abuse. YMMV SEVERELY. Ask the folks at the ER what you can safely take. If things are bad enough, be prepared that they may admit you for observation. In that case, you will probably get an IV, and through that, they can even give you Morphine. You don't want to take it for too long lest you end up "chasing the dragon."
I do hope your condition improves, but from what it sounds like, you had a lot of damage going on, which of course translates to possibly a longer and more painful healing route. I wish the best, and whatever you do, NEVER be afraid to ask for help! This ailment can seriously bring you to the brink of insanity.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10