Feeling good!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling good!

Postby Anemone » 25 Feb 2012, 16:43

Almost 2 weeks without pain now, and am virtually back to normal. I had my doubts when my doctor prescribed amitriptyline, but it is either working or it's a coincidence that starting to take it happened at the same time as starting to feel better.
As of yesterday I stopped getting in the shower as an alternative to wiping, which is a huge thing for me! I don't have to sit in a bath after every BM and am not dreading each BM any more.
I'm still taking all the supplements I was before, and something to help counteract constipation that amitriptyline can cause, and probably will for a long time as I'm not 100% sure what has been responsible for the improvements.
Bottom line (excuse the pun) is that I feel good! It feels great to be getting my life back, and am hoping this is the end of it. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I just wanted to thank everyone on here who have helped me in my lowest moments Image and hope that you all feel better soon.
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Feeling good!

Postby rasmith3530 » 25 Feb 2012, 20:27

So glad to hear of your improvements. My LIS surgery is scheduled for Monday at 9:30AM Central (local time for Chicago area). I am counting down the hours now. Nothing by mouth after midnight Sunday, save for blood pressure meds and a "tiny bit" of water to take it with before leaving for the hospital. A bit nervous about being put under (always some risk), but looking forward to the "other side" of surgery and hopefully saying goodbye to this ailment permanently.
Keep getting better!
Rob
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby workingonit » 25 Feb 2012, 20:39

that's great anemone!
Congrats!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Anemone » 25 Feb 2012, 20:40

Thanks Tanya, and good luck Rob. I hope it all goes well. Let us know how it's gone...
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7