Sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids

Postby Davo » 01 Mar 2012, 07:08

Hi,
Has anybody had Sclerotherapy injections for hemorrhoids during their LIS procedure?
I mentioned to my CRS that i have had a few hemorrhoids that may have prevented my fissure from healing previously. He said that LIS tends to sort out the hemorrhoids anyway but if he feels they will interfere with healing he will inject Sclerotherapy.
I just wondered if anybody had experienced this??
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids

Postby workingonit » 01 Mar 2012, 11:56

I've not had it, but i've read it is less apinful than cutting them off or banding them.
i have read several things that echo your doc in that the tight sphincter and high pressure resting whatever can cause hemmies as well as fissures.
why can't your doc tell you now if he will do this?
would hate to waake up with a surprise like seems to happen on a regular basis for people going in for surgury (incl. Botox).
Seems pretty high handed.
how are you doing davo?
i'm same old same old. Will call the second crs today and see if i can move up the appointment.
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Davo » 01 Mar 2012, 15:36

Hi WOI,
My CRS is not a firm believer of poking around in there during consultations as it opens up the fissure and causes patients unnecessary pain. So during the first conultation he takes a look to confirm the fissure diagnoses and then we discuss things afterwards.
When patients come in for Botox or LIS that is when he does a full inspection or in his words, 'checks that nothing else is going on' So the LIS takes 10 mins and the inspection takes a further 20 minutes so the full works really. If he feels i need the injections then he will give me them at the same time.
As for me yeah i am ok thanks - I was a bit tight this morning and i think i caused a minor re-tear when applying the GTN. Now i am scheduled for LIS my outlook has completely changed and i have relaxed a little however i still have a two week wait.
In some ways i am looking forward to getting this over and done with but i am sure closer to the time the nerves will set in.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby workingonit » 01 Mar 2012, 18:43

I wondered about that. because I keep reading about people improving just before surgery. Shows how much of it is stress eh?
Well at least it will be quick!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34