The Never Ending Wipe

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

The Never Ending Wipe

Postby TORTURE » 11 Mar 2012, 19:43

Does anyone else have this problem the never ending wipe it seems every time i have a bm i wipe for 30 mins its insane not to mention thats what gave me the fissures i think in the first place wiping so hard so i guess it has nothing to do with it unless i had them for years and they just got worse..Anyone else have this problem?
TORTURE
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: The Never Ending Wipe

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 11 Mar 2012, 20:03

I used to have the same problem. My CRS said it was because my stool was too soft, so I increased my fiber to 35 grams a day (I supplement my fiber with 9 grams of Benefiber daily) and decreased my use of Miralax (I now take a half dose daily). Within a couple of days, my stool was still soft but formed and left no "residue" on the toilet paper. It will take some trial and error to get the consistency of your stool just right. Keep in mind that it can take 24 to 72 hours before you notice any changes to your stool, so be patient.
Instead of wiping, you can also jump right into the shower if you are at home. You also may want to try moist wipes, instead of toilet paper.
My CRS said it is very important to have a stool that doesn't leave any "residue" when you wipe. Otherwise, the stool left behind will continue to irritate the fissure.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 11 Mar 2012, 20:08

One more thing: my CRS also told me to stop using any soap (just water) when washing my anal area in the shower and to gently pat it dry with a towel and then use a hair dryer (on the cool setting) to get the area really dry. It helps to have a removable shower head with multiple settings so you can find the setting that works best for you. I hope this helps!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TORTURE » 11 Mar 2012, 20:13

yes i been using the unscented baby wipes but damn they get expensive..i just started the miralax a few days ago so far its getting better im able to go a little hard in the beggining but than its pretty smooth...thanks
TORTURE
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 11 Mar 2012, 20:24

The best price I have found for the unscented wipes is on Amazon (they cost about .03 per wipe). Here is the link if you are interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Pampers-SoftCare-Unscented-Wipes-Count/dp/B00332FFIO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1331518960&sr=1-1
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2012, 09:13

I have this exact same problem, sometimes I wipe myself raw cos its never ending, when I'm home I wet the toilet paper then wipe then jump in the shower or have a wash, but at work etc its horrible, I had this problem at work yesterday and when it came to putting Anusol up there after it was sooo sore I struggled. Yet other times I have no mess on the paper at all when I wipe, I don't know what's normal but will be asking my GP next time I go. So glad I'm not the only 1 with this issue, my hubby thinks I'm crazy when I mention it.

Postby smt31 » 12 Mar 2012, 12:42

I like the Hair dryer idea, I should try that to keep the area dry. and thanks for the info that your CRS mentioned.
I am also one of the people who have to constantly wipe it feels like. I now just jump in the shower when home, like thisfissurecankissmybutt says.
smt31
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1