Question about the stitches

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Question about the stitches

Postby Deleted User 1218 » 12 Mar 2012, 22:16

Hi everyone! I'm about 4 weeks out of LIS surgery. I think one of my dissolvable stitches fell out. I have a small dot of bleeding on the side where I think the stitch was. Is that normal? Has this happened to anyone else? The only other time I had stitches was for my wisdom teeth and I cant remember if they bled when the stitches finally fell out.
Deleted User 1218

Re: Question about the stitches

Postby 44alegna44 » 13 Mar 2012, 15:55

hi julie, i too am 4 weeks post lis (a few days over)...i also had stitches, but they were from some hemmies that were removed at the same time. Approximately 2 1/2 weeks post-op I had much blood on the toilet tissue after a bm, scared me senseless as I hadn't had any blood since day 10 post-op. I called my crs and she told me not to worry, it was probably from the stitches, yet if it continued after that she wanted to be informed. There was no more blood after that day and no other issues. I did look up dissolvable stitches on the web, and it seems that they could take up to 6 weeks to fully dissolve in some areas, so I wouldn't worry much about the blood you saw today, my guess is it very well may have been a stitch as you suggested. If the blood continues though, no harm in reaching out to your doc and get his/her opinion. Best Wishes, Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 1218 » 13 Mar 2012, 22:06

Thanks for the reply. I can't wait until everything is healed. I read it can take a long time, but I didn't realize how slow it is until now. I'm just trying to figure out how to know when the fissure and everything is fully healed. My CRS saw me a week post op and said I didn't need to go back for a follow up. Now I'm out of state for a while, so I'm a little nervous if something goes wrong- I can't just make an appt to see my CRS. Thanks again for the info!
Deleted User 1218

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 Mar 2012, 06:45

Hey Julie, how are you feeling otherwise since the surgery? How has your progress been as far as pain/discomfort are concerned?
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9