skin tag removal advice

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

skin tag removal advice

Postby Beachteacher » 22 Mar 2012, 17:41

Im so happy to finally find a forum where I can get some useful information that will hopefully ease my worries. I've suffered from hems, fissures and skin tags most of my life. I'm in my mid 40s and I've decided to finally take care of, at least, part of my situation.
I'm scheduled to have a few anal skin tags removed tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I'll be able to travel for vacation in 3 weeks. I'll be flying to my destination and I'm not sure if I'll be in good enough condition to travel comfortably and of course enjoy the trip itself. I've had internal hems banded, fissures tended to, but this is my first tag removal. My CRS said it'll be 3 to 4 days recup, but I just read some horror stories that scared me enough to second guess myself now. Any advice/suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Beachteacher

Topics: 2

Re: skin tag removal advice

Postby workingonit » 22 Mar 2012, 18:38

Hi,
I had one anal tag/sentinel removed over a year ago. It took 10 days to fully heal. By then I could sit without a problem. But it was sensitive to wipe for several months.
I kinda wish I hadn't had it removed. it was small, and I believe the scar left from it is what is making my current fissure so hard to heal.
I have a new small tag now, that instead of being at the base of the fissure, is kinda to the side, so everytime I have a BM it pulls the AF a bit.
When this fissure heals, I intend to leave well enough alone.
But, like I said, I only have the one.
If you don't mind my asking, how did you heal from the fissures?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Re: skin tag removal advice

Postby Beachteacher » 22 Mar 2012, 18:50

My fissure took a while to heal. MY CRS first clean me out by giving me basically a colon cleanse. He gave me an ointment that helped promote healing and put me on a fiber regimen to keep my normally very sluggish system moving. Overall it took about 2 weeks before I was all better and the bleeding stopped. Now I have stage 3 hems which are causing more problems than anything I've every had. The fun never stops.
Good luck with your healing!
Beachteacher

Topics: 2