How do I know if I'm healed?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How do I know if I'm healed?

Postby peeta79 » 17 Apr 2012, 11:45

I have been diagnosed with an anal fissure & was curious how long it takes to heal. I don't seem to have the bleeding or pain when I have a bowel movement for almost 2 weeks now. I do have a sentinel pile , does that ever go away? I've increased fiber & water and and alternate use of diaper rash ointment, coconut oil, or vaseline. Please help!
peeta79

Topics: 1

Re: How do I know if I'm healed?

Postby jr2 » 17 Apr 2012, 12:09

It isn't really an easy question to answer. Fissures can heal up fairly quickly in some people and in others they can linger on and in still others they can heal only to keep retearing over and over. Once you've had a fissure though the likelihood of getting one again is higher so it's a good idea to maintain a healthy diet (which is good for overall health anyway). Healing occurs in stages, and it can literally take months for the area to become stronger and less vulnerable to tearing, and it probably will never have the strength it did originally. If you are pain free, that is wonderful news to celebrate! Sentinel piles sometimes go away, but more often they shrink down over time rather than disappearing completely.
jr2

Topics: 15