Second time around

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Second time around

Postby BillUltra » 16 May 2012, 11:16

Nice job. Glad you're trip went well.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Suze_F » 21 May 2012, 16:03

So for all those wondering about healing times... its about 5 weeks since things were at their worst and started using the Diltiazen I think I am nearly there now. Still on the same routine of vasaline and both creams but I am eating more with a little meat too. Had a dinner party on Saturday night with steak for the main course. Wouldnt have chosen to do steak but one guy was a very fussy eater and steak was a safe option for him. My dog got most of mine because I was too scared to eat it! I still fear that with one "wrong poo" my remission could be over so I keep eating dried mango, plums apricots etc every evening. My dog really likes those too and barks at 8.30pm ( on the dot) to say its time to share out the fruit! People on here say the key to healing is to keep things "soft" and they are absolutely right but you dont want to over do it either when you are still in the really painful stages so its a balanciing act. I drink 3 litres of water every day too as I noticed that when I was in NY we were carrying bottled water everywhere and I drank more so continued when I got home.
Finally, did I mention I also use Sudocream which has zinc in and I think that might have played a part in my healing too. 5 weeks later I feel soooo much better and you can too.
Jr2 how are you doing? Sx
Suze_F
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jr2 » 21 May 2012, 21:07

Suze,
I'm so so glad to hear you are still marching toward full recovery!!!! Image
The story about your dog being your alarm clock for fruit makes me smile so much!!! Love!
Unfortunately, I'm not doing well these days. I posted about a week or so ago in the general forum. I'm still stuck in bed from the extreme pain and don't have a lot of options for where to go from here. But it makes such a difference to come and read of wonderful success stories like yours. Thank you so much for asking after me. I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better. I hope this fissure is completely a thing of the past for you!
jr2

Topics: 15