Thank goodness for this forum!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Thank goodness for this forum!

Postby Fiber is my best friend. » 27 Apr 2012, 20:54

Hi everyone! I am a newbie to the forum as of today, but I have been reading the posts since January.
I was diagnosed with an anal fissure in January. It is the worst thing that I have ever experienced. I had to mentally prepare myself for a bm everyday and then I would check out because the pain/spasms afterwards were so overwhelming. It hurt so bad a couple of times that I actually threw up as I was having a bm. My three year old son was so scared one night because I was straining, sobbing, etc. uncontrollably. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but this has kicked my butt. Literally. I really do not know how some of you on the forum have dealt with this for years.
I had a fissurectomy on March 26th. I also had several hemorrhoids removed at the same time. One month post surgery and I am still sore, straining, having some blood, etc. I have been checking in to see if others have experienced the same issues that I have been dealing with post surgery. My Dr was nice and all, however his office is always packed and I feel like he herds me in and out of my appointment quickly. I have to stop him from running out in order to ask him questions and he has one foot out the door the entire time I am asking him. Your posts have really helped to alleviate some of the anxiety that I have felt (and still am feeling) in regards to going to the bathroom. I will certainly never take a good bm for granted and I hope to have one again someday. :D
I just wanted to let everyone on this forum know what a good friend it and you all have been to me over the last few months. There is no way to truly understand this unless you have gone through it. It is so disheartening. This is not really an ideal conversation topic to have with your family, friends, co-workers, etc. Plus, they cannot "see" that you are having problems so you really do not get much sympathy or understanding from anyone around you.
Anyway, I just wanted to say Image
Fiber is my best friend.

Topics: 1

Re: Thank goodness for this forum!

Postby workingonit » 27 Apr 2012, 21:54

Hi,
So sorry recovery is so slow. It really can be discouraging. But you just have to keep faith and know that so many others before have sounded just as sorrowful but are now healed.
My old CRS sounds a lot like yours. In fact I've had 3 like that. Sheesh. The TCM I am seeing currently seems more interested in what's going on down there for me, than any of them did. Although it is way too soon to tell if what he is doing is helping.
Still it is nice to find someone who takes an interest in seeing me healed.
You hang in there. It will get better!!
Sending you healing thoughts!
Oh, and my daughter is 9 and can't remember much from 5, let alone 3. I'm sure it will fade for him soon enough, and for you as well.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34