PBD & Skin Tag Removal -- Post Op 10 Days Now

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: PBD & Skin Tag Removal -- Post Op 10 Days Now

Postby BGAN » 02 May 2012, 13:31

jr2 wrote:BGAN,
So glad it was another good day for you!
Oh yes, it would be great to hear any information your doctor could share. It's probably a long shot to ask him, but if you might ask if he has any knowledge of other physicians in other locations in the US who are performing the dilation, that old be awesome.
Again, so happy you are feeling better and better each day!

Good point JR. I am totally going to ask if he knows of other doctors around the country who perform the PBD. I never thought to ask that, but I will make sure to ask that!!
Thank you for the kind words again. Hope all is well with you.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby 44alegna44 » 02 May 2012, 16:12

bgan,
sorry to bug you about this...would you mind asking if the Balloon and SAD surgeries are the same or if different implements are used for each, making them two different procedures. I keep remembering Wecc posting about his dialation procedure, but don't recall the mention of a balloon device. I'm truly very interested.
Thank you, and again, it's simply a case of this being somewhat "ground-breaking treatment", to me at least. I'm still not sure what road my behind is gonna lead me on, as of yet, so all info I can gather outside of what my CRS offers, is so greatly appreciated, just in case.
With best wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby BGAN » 02 May 2012, 17:04

Angel, I will ask that question as well. My appointment is on the 9th.
I agree, from the looks of this forum, it does seem that the AD/PBD are "groundbreaking" in some sense.
In the end, I needed surgery. There was no way around it. I still look back to many days I looked down to see a bright red bowl of water. Almost everyday for the past year. It's amazing. Now, the most I have is a drop of blood on the wet one. Interestingly enough, I have only seen the drop or so during an afternoon BM. I typically have a BM in the morning before work (that's the way it's been since the op). A few times though, I have an urge to go again in the mid afternoon. It is during those afternoon BMs that I have seen the drop or so. It's nothing in comparison to what it was. To be honest though, it does bother me greatly. I guess I have this unrealistic expectation that I should be 100% cured. I have to keep reminding myself that I no longer have blood in the bowl, not even a drop, and I don't have blood red toilet paper after the first wipe. There was also blood all over the BMs in the past, it was that much! So, I know I am getting better. I guess today was just a bit frustrating for me. I should remind myself how fortunate I am to have this much healing so far.
Also, there is no discharge at all anymore. Very happy. I am still wearing the Depends Right Fit to work, but I really should just take them off already. I don't wear them at home. I work from home for some part of the day and I love sitting in a towel and a t shirt. Haven't had any stains on my towel in several days!
Alright, I am done now. This post wasn't planned, other than my reply to Angel. But that's my update for now. Instead of posting my two week post op post tomorrow, I think this will do.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby jr2 » 05 May 2012, 18:49

BGAN,
It's really encouraging to read your posts about your progress. What a huge difference already in such a short amount of time!
Angel,
The procedures are different. Balloon dilation is how it sounds. A device is inserted and is gradually inflated to the desired size and left in place for a period of time. The dilation wecc had done was with a dilator, probably a series of dilators, starting with smaller sizes and going up in size from there, each one being left in for a specific amount of time. these procedures accomplish the same thing, just in slightly differ ways, and neither of them are the same procedure that used to be performed where a surgeon used his fingers to stretch the muscles in a very uncontrolled way, often leading to sphincter damage in the process. It really is a shame that dilation got such a bad reputation because of this old and outdated procedure because the standardized dilation method, which has been performed for years now has great success rates and very low complications.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 06 May 2012, 10:53

Bgan,
Hope you're continuing on the same healing path!!! :D
Jr,
Thanks very much for that info! You're like our medical encyclopedia
Image How are you doing with your weight jr? Any progress finding something to help bulk up a little weight and strength?
Big hugs and best wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 06 May 2012, 12:02

awww.. Angel, you're sweet.Sometimes I think Im being more annoying than helpful, so thank you so much for saying that. Image
How are you doing with your recent setback?
I'm still having a lot of frustration with my digestive roller coaster. Fortunately I haven't lost any more weight (but I haven't gained any either.)
jr2

Postby 44alegna44 » 08 May 2012, 09:41

Hey Jr2,
I'm thinking "Doc" seems more appropriate...I just picked up another tip from you that you offered up to someone on another thread...I'm def. gonna try it...the ice first then hot bath....I mean it, you're opinions/advice are NEVER annoying, but certainly welcomed Image !
As for my set-back, well let's just say, I'm still set-back Image ! I'm definitiely still in it, and don't really know where I'm at at this point, but I have felt improvement from the time I felt the initial new tear. Also, on the plus side, this time around my spasms are nowhere near the horror I experienced before surgery with my first fissure. Those spasms were equivalent to an ignited blow-torch being shoved up my behind, along with a razor sharp knife and several pieces of broken glass thrown up there for good measure and that pain shot throughout my whole body Image No joke, it was sheer torturous hell Image This time my spasming is so isolated to my sphincter muscle...it feels like it's clenching like a tight fist, sometimes so tight that it feels like if I sit or bend it's just gonna rip. The upside is, it's not as much painful and it is uncomfortable. And, it's not as constant and persistent as with the first, more sporadic this time....some days not at all, somedays periodically throughout.
So, that's where I'm at...where ever that is....I'll see the doc again in 3 weeks, and hopefully I'll have made a change for the better or worse by then, because I really don't want to be in limbo too much longer. If it worsens, I'm ready to go for broke with another procedure, just not sure which one yet, if I see improvement, I'll continue on with the hope that this time my body will play nice and allow me to heal without further intervention. Image
Thanks again for all your help and advice Jr2 and I'm always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 08 May 2012, 14:30

Thank you so much, Angel. You're in mine too. Gosh, it must be disheartening at times for you, having made the difficult decision to have surgery in the first place, only to end up getting another fissure. I think your outlook and the way you give such supportive and kind words to everyone here is really so beautiful.
healing... we think so little about it... How many times have we cut a finger or scraped a knee in our lives, and never given it a second thought that it would all heal up. With fissures you gain such a greater appreciation for all those things we normally take so for granted.
Sending you a big healing comforting hug ...
jr2