Post LIS info

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Post LIS info

Postby Emm123 » 03 May 2012, 23:59

Hey guys. I found you all constantly while googling so I decided to join.
Well Im here to get some info too.
A brief history is that I have been having issues for quite a while. Id say years. I only decided to check it last year and had been trying GTN for a while. Only until this year well a few weeks ago it got really bad. And then I switched doctors.
Basically this Dr realized I've been messing around and should have taken surgery months a back.
Anyway so I had surgery almost a week ago and he found two fissures. I'm not quite sure what he did but I've been doing the sitz baths every so often, at least 3-4 times a day and eating properly etc. the eating right part I have been doing for quite a while.
What I want to know is I'm getting a brown discharge and a slight sharp pain still... Is this normal?
The discharge isn't smelly and Im not sure if it's incontinence either but if I pass gas I think it's worst.
BM I must say is ok. Not much blood as it used to be and the pain is subsiding quite quickly. I'm using benefibre as well.
I hope my grammar is ok I'm posting from my phone. I can't sit for long even with my donut cushion still :(
Thanks guys for reading. It's wonderful to know I can rant here.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Post LIS info

Postby 44alegna44 » 05 May 2012, 09:30

Hi Emm,
Image and Congratulations on your surgery and recovery so far Image !!!
You don't know what surgery was performed on you? I had lis and did not have any of the discharge afterwards, but I do know that this is a possibility that was presented to me as a post-op, short-term symptom. So IMO it is nothing to worry about but more of something that can be expected. I don't believe it's incontinence, just some leakage from gas that should soon enough subside. Slight pain, also IMO not to worry about, you're only one week out of surgery, and the recovery does take some time before all the kinks get worked out. The blood as well, mine was ever so slightly present for about the first 10 days. All par for the course...but this too shall end Image
Best wishes as you continue towards a full recovery Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Emm123 » 14 May 2012, 01:03

Thanks so much angel!
The doctors said it's OK and basically what you said.
Right now however I had a small rash develop n it sucks! I don't know what caused it.
I'm still getting slight pain, like a random sharp thing... but the bleeding is down to 0. I only got a little discolor day before like pink when I wiped.
Well he told me he removed a tag as well but I wasn't sure if he did.
Thanks again for giving me some confidence.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 May 2012, 07:29

Hi Emm,
Great to hear you're doing much better Image
Sorry about the rash though, as I can imagine it must be quite uncomfortable. I'd recommend calling the doc to find out what you could do or apply to the area to assist with healing the rash. You definitely don't want to put anything there without consulting the physician first.
Best wishes for continued healing Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9