12 days post fissurectomy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

12 days post fissurectomy

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 08 May 2012, 15:13

Well, new here byt like others have been conning on the site for a while. Long story short, have hd bad fissure since December 2011. Tired all kinds of things, even squirting the contents of magnesium soft gels as Ireland that can make cuts heal faster. Basically that kind of worked..ended up with new skin over the fissure but no healing under that. Sort of like a fissure/fistula. Dr didn't think it would heal up as it was going from the top down.
Surgery on April 26th to cut openand remove that new skin and slight stretchin of the sphincter muscle. No LIS or anything like that. Worst part is I was pain free for almost 3 weeks and now back to the pain. I feel like in some ways it's worse than pre-surgery pain or maybe just the mental challenge of not having pain and then back to it. I thought by nowi'd be in less pain, just so very discouraged. I have to believe this will be best in long run but right now I'm regretting it. I was mostly healed the dr said so that is hard for me to swallow. No signs of infection so that's good, pooping up to three times a day so dr wants me off miralax (I just do half a dose) as he says that's too often. Anyone who has just had fissurectomy only really struggle for a while with the pain and healing?
Thanks!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: 12 days post fissurectomy

Postby sailorgal » 08 May 2012, 20:04

in my experience - my fissurectomy created a tremendous amount of post-op pain.
i had it with botox 1/24/2012 and didn't turn a corner until a month after my procedure. but end up needing another procedure (coming this monday) bcz i still didn't fully heal.
it is definitely an up and down roller coaster. try not to get discouraged as this is just part of the deal. as long as you have a good plan in place with your doc, utilize the support of your loved ones and have your pain management strategies in place, you'll be able to ride out the storms . .. . . hang in there! it will get better!
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 09 May 2012, 06:33

Thanks sailorgal. I called my dr yesterday to see if this was normal, seemed to be. He gave me tramodal for pain as the lortab was starting to make me constipated although I'm nervous about taking that too. It helps to know my recovery while difficult, does not seem out of the ordinary.
I will be curious to see if I heal without having had some secondary procedure as that seems more common. Dr did say we'd try Botox next if needed. Thank you again for your encouragement. I hope your procedure goes well on Monday and you can finally heal. Those three good weeks were like heaven :)
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 09 May 2012, 14:51

Hi sailorgal, I was wondering if the Botox helped with the spasms? Do you think it helped your healing or caused more issues. I know you are not fully healed yet. Did your doc speculate as to why?? I've had some bad spasms today and wonder if I didn't make a mistake doing fissurectomy only. Thanks!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather