Post-fissurectomy recovery times?

Recovery after surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Post-fissurectomy recovery times?

Postby stevestate » 28 Oct 2016, 08:58

Day 13. Stool softeners appear to be working. Maybe the Movicol also helping though I struggled to get it down as it was pretty unpleasant. Just had 4/5ths of a dose.

One BM at usual time in morning (usually 8am-9am). Again, a perfect BM around 5 on the Bristol scale. Some stinging afterwards. I attribute that to the aftermath of the previous 2/3 days.

Went on a huge walk and was in a fair bit of discomfort but mentally in a much better place. Also eating normally rather than trying to cram as much fibre as possible in to everything I put in my mouth.
stevestate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby stevestate » 30 Oct 2016, 06:12

Day 14 (forum was down when I tried to post yesterday)

3 x Docusate stool softeners, 1xMovicol sachet. 1 BM, another perfect stool. Some stinging throughout the day. I think I’m finding my ideal routine. Makes such a difference to my mental health.

Day 15

3 x Docusate stool softeners, 1xMovicol sachet. 1 BM, another perfect stool. Some stinging throughout the day. Getting into a similar result each day now. Doesn’t necessarily feel like it’s healing but it’s giving it the best chance to heal.
stevestate
Fibre Addict

Postby stevestate » 31 Oct 2016, 12:12

Day 16. Same same same. Eating very 'normally' - Porridge with dried fruit, chia, flax seeds, almond butter / bacon, avocado, tomato sandwich / Wholewheat pasta with double cream, mushrooms and broccoli, 2-3 litres of water, gin & tonic, large glass wine, peanuts.

Fair bit of itchiness on my morning walk. Anyone know if this is linked to it healing? Still finding it difficult to sit on the sofa (which is fairly low). Still doesn't feel like I'm actually healing but compared to where I have been I feel like I'm in a good place.
stevestate
Fibre Addict

Postby stevestate » 01 Nov 2016, 03:37

Day 17. Going to pause in posting as it's very similar every day. Will post again once things change but for now, will continue to eat a balanced diet, some alcohol, some chocolate, plenty of water, 3x Docusate stool softeners and 1x Movicol sachet and try to go on daily walk or some time on cross trainer if it doesn't feel like it's going to exacerbate things....
stevestate
Fibre Addict