Low Fiber Diet - latest information Mayo Clinic

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Low Fiber Diet - latest information Mayo Clinic

Postby jr2 » 11 May 2012, 18:28

The support is so important, and you are right, it makes a big difference when you know there are people who really get how disabling this pain really is. It somehow makes the hope part a bit stronger, doesn't it?
If you are using the Quick Reply window at the bottom of the post, above the reply window you will see some buttons there. The second to the last button on the right is a smiley face. If you click on that smiley face it will bring up a whole menu of emoticons.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 12 May 2012, 07:29

Yes, it is!
Thanks for letting me know where to find all the emoticon!!
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Neen » 14 May 2012, 17:25

that low fiber diet kinda looks like my diet before all this! Not going back there. My fiber intake now is on the low end...20 gms-23 gms per day. So far so good...
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 17:46

Hi Neen,
So glad to hear the fiber is helping you! While I don't agree with a lot of the processed foods on their list, for some people with fissures it can make matters much worse to add much fiber to their diet because the added bulk it causes in stools causes too much stretching and subsequent re-tearing. So, in the complex and convoluted land of fissures, different things work for different people.
jr2

Postby Neen » 14 May 2012, 18:07

You are so right jr2...everything is a personal journey. I didnt think I had trouble eating all those things before, but I know that it wasnt balanced. Maybe in the future I will not be scared to reintroduce food but for now I have found things that arent creating massive bulk. I havent had grain bread yet because it has always created bulk. Is it ever NOT a full time job...this recovery?
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby Suckdiddlyucksflanders » 14 May 2012, 18:10

Amen Neen. It is a full time job. I saw you posted on my fissurectomy post. I'm hoping I turn a corner in the next week or two. I only had a fissurectomy though so will ask doc about Botox at my appointment tomorrow if things don't improve.
Suckdiddlyucksflanders
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 18:13

Neen, I know what you mean. I guess for some people it isn't as complicated as for others. Some people heal, either through surgery or other means, and go back to eating whatever they want.
For me, I suffer with so much digestive pain and problems in addition to fissures that many many years ago I had to completely give up the idea that my diet would ever be easy again or that i could ever think about eating the things other people eat with so much enjoyment. It's just so much a part of the way I have to live my life I don't even really think that much about it any more.
jr2