Worried about scar tissue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worried about scar tissue

Postby BillUltra » 09 May 2012, 21:02

The pain has been gone for 2 weeks. I've got my diet under control, producing soft smooth bm's. But every time I apply the ointment, I feel inside my rectum that the entire right half is very hard, like a knot. I strongly suspect it's scar tissue, which as many of you know is not elastic. Meaning the left half of my rectum will have to do all the stretching from now on, unless the scar tissue disappears over time.
Just lamenting over the fact that I'll probably never be able to eat normal again. I have so many strong emotions against my protologist who recommended my colonoscopy, as well as hard to stop kicking myself for not leaving my arse well enough alone since had finally been working perfectly for several years after suffering for so long with the first fissure.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Worried about scar tissue

Postby jr2 » 09 May 2012, 21:43

BillUltra,
Try not to be too discouraged about the scarring. Yes, you do have an area of vulnerability there, but over time it will get stronger. And if it is an area you can feel, you can also do some massage of the area to the best of your reach, and this will help break some of it down to become more pliable over time. Be gentle and patient with it, but it really does make a difference.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Worried about scar tissue

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 31 Mar 2015, 14:09

Some of you are speaking of applying ointment for scar tissue. Mine scar tissue is internal as some of yours may be too but what are you using? I live in the UK. I use coconut oil externally, no idea how to get it in but is there something else I could be using for comfort?
Deleted User 4175