skin tag or hemmi

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

skin tag or hemmi

Postby sputnik » 14 May 2012, 15:17

hi everyone, was doing okay until had some diarreha. Before that i looked and a small light colored red(looked like shape of a lima bean or a rice) sticking out from rectum and after the d, it went bigger. Its not round but more like a lima bean. Is that a hemmi or a skin tag. My other skin tags are on the outside rimof anas. If its a skin tag, does that mean i have an internal fissure. Anyone have an internal fissure and does it make a skin tag. Please help, i hate to see my dr. who will just say its a hemmi and put prep h on it.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: skin tag or hemmi

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 17:18

Hi Sputnik,
unfortunately there isn't any way for anyone here to really tell. Do you have pain or bleeding with bowel movements? Is this swelling tender to touch?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby sputnik » 15 May 2012, 21:18

hi jr2, there is a slight pain with bm's and it is tender to touch. It went smaller this morning. It tends to go small and then bigger. I'm hoping i don't have an internal fissure. Also how are you doing, i haven't read much lately. I used to read everyday, now not as often, and thanks for reply.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 15 May 2012, 21:49

Hi Sputnik,
hmmm. Kind of difficult to say, but it sounds a little more like a hemorrhoid than a skin tag from what you're describing. You might try some ice wrapped in a washcloth for brief periods of application to see if it helps at all when it is bigger.
I'm in a pretty bad spot right now, actually a really bad spot. Multiple active fissures and not a whole lot of treatment options on the table for me, so I'm pretty down at the moment. (thank you for asking).
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby sputnik » 16 May 2012, 15:22

jr2 i'm so so sorry. Its so unbelievable what a tiny little cut can do. I have never had bum issues until dx in 2007 with ulcerative colitis. I hope you get relief very soon.
sputnik
Salt Bather