Procto follow up tomorrow

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Procto follow up tomorrow

Postby BillUltra » 14 May 2012, 15:29

Ok so I'm more than a little nervous. After feeling really pretty much healed I had kind of a rough day. NOTHING like the really bad stuff that we all know about; just ate too many beans yesterday (lunch AND supper) and I ended up having too many bm's today, so feeling a little raw.
But tomorrow's the big day. He's going to spread me wide open again and stick that camera up there and peek around, and hopefully he'll say: "That's it, Bill! You're all healed. Let me know if you have a problem in the future." And quite frankly that's what I'm expecting. But I am concerned about a bubble on the right side of my anus. It used to be so hard I thought it was scar tissue, but now it is somewhat pliable. I hope to God he doesn't say that needs to be removed or cut in any way. Or popped like a zit! Maybe it's just something I can live with, or that it will gradually smooth out over time.
So, yes. I'm anxious.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Procto follow up tomorrow

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 May 2012, 16:05

Hey there Bill!
Ok, I'm pulling for you 100% that you and your ill-equipt anal parts Image get the thumbs up Image from he Doc.
Try not to stress too much over the "bubble", please, stress is not our friend and won't help matters any. Stay positive that tomorrow the visit will go smoothly and whatever that bump is, will be a non-issue in relation to your healing.
I looking forward to hearing the Image tomorrow!!!!
Best wishes and rest well tonight!
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 17:11

Ditto everything Angel says, including her emoticons!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Neen » 14 May 2012, 17:15

good luck tomorrow! Image
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby BillUltra » 14 May 2012, 21:36

Thanks guys! The support feels awesome!
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby BillUltra » 15 May 2012, 16:47

I'm actually proclaimed OFFICIALLY HEALED. Does that mean I'll return to my old eating habits? No way. Avoidance of pain is a good motivator, but avoidance of fissure type pain is a GREAT motivator. Gradually trying to creep in foods that I can eat in the real world, with my Disney and hiking vacations coming up.
The doc said the "bubble" was actually a very small hemorrhoid. It's not close to the opening and not causing any pain, so he said don't worry about it.
He said I would be due for another rectal exam in 1 year, and I said ok. Then he said I would be due for my next colonoscopy in 5 years, and I said there won't be another colonoscopy. He tried to convince me how what happened to me was so very rare. I just smiled and said I'll take my chances. He said, well, that's your decision. And it is.
The colonoscopy that did this to me was on March 12, so basically I healed up in 2 months. And it never would have happened without the support and advice from this forum. My heartfelt thanks to each of you.
You never know how things evolve, but right now I really don't plan on walking away from this forum now that I'm ok. I feel a bond with those of you who truly know what it is like to suffer and feel very little hope for the future. Not trying to make a comparison to being a POW, but these fissures really do suck.
With all the advances in medical technology, I'm just surprised they haven't come up with better ways to minimize the pain and heal these things up quicker.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Baba » 15 May 2012, 17:29

Glad for you! It's wonderful to have a rear end that works as it should :D
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby 44alegna44 » 15 May 2012, 19:26

Image Image Image
Awsome News Bill!!! So encouraging to be reassured that these things can heal! You done good my friend. You fought the good fight and came out a winner!!!!! Image
Congratulations!
I don't blame you one bit, not at all, for your resolve of no colonoscopy, for now. Never say never, but for now it's totally understood! When you know what the cause was of this nightmare, you're for sure gonna do all you can to not have your butt come in contact with that again. Yes, it's your decision.
I'm so happy your gonna be good to go and enjoy the trips you have planned with your kids. You, for sure, are due for some happiness and joy. For your marriage, I'm sorry....but for your ability to move forward now with a clear bill of health, I'm thrilled. Image
I'm glad you'll be sticking around here as you can....I so enjoy your sense of humor for one...but most of all yes we all could use the support and encouragement. Image
Best wishes always, Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby jr2 » 15 May 2012, 20:15

BillUltra,
Oh, best possible news to hear. What a big big relief! So so happy for you!
Image Image Image Image
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby BillUltra » 16 May 2012, 14:49

I APPRECIATE all the support I have found here. Thanks for all the well wishes, the congrats, and the cheerleading! You guys are the greatest.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist