4 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby BGAN » 16 May 2012, 15:32

Hello friends,
It's been 4 weeks. Can't believe it. This past four weeks has been a challenging yet enlightening time for me and my family.
Seems like things are going pretty well and the healing process is continuing. I have had no blood droplets in the bowl since about a week and only minimal blood on the tp. In fact, the blood on the tp seems to be getting smaller daily. I have my wife look at the site on a daily basis (yes, she is a wonderful woman) and she says that is is healing and she can tell by the skin growth around it (the "new skin look" as she says).
Pain is also quite decreased. I still feel it, but the intense burning feeling is gone. All bruising is gone now too. The swelling around the site of the excision site is really going down too. Almost gone in fact.
BMs are nice and soft. I think I have my diet down pretty good. I am taking 500 mg of Magnisuem in the am and 250 mg around 9pm. I also take 3 Colace right before bed. During the day I eat fruit and a multi grain muffin for breakfast. I also have an additional two pieces of fruit a day. I generally eat salad, occasionally tuna salad, lots of nuts, rasins, and Kashi cereal during the day. I have a salad with dinner every night. I am eating some meat for dinner each night, but it's usually a small portion and I always have veggies with it. I am getting so many carbs with the fruit that I really don't crave the usual carbs (potatoes and bread, etc). I also eat 3 prunes before bed and usually for desert I have a Fiber 1 Brownie (5g fiber). I have avoided almost all junk food and candy. I have been noshing on popcorn occasionally and I have not had any problems. I have also had sushi on several occasions for dinner (with the usual amount of white rice) and have not had any issues with the BMs. Not really drinking at all which is a problem b/c I have a lot of social events to attend due to my job. Luckily, it hasn't been an issue.
I am still taking about 3 sitz baths a day, especially after the BMs. I have been applying Neosporen a few times a day to the site (per my CRSs recommendations).
I haven't gone back to running yet. Things are going well back there so I want to wait just a bit longer. I have been walking more to keep exercise up. With my diet and lack of exercise (my wife says it's muscle loss, I think she is just trying to make me feel better) I have lost about 6 pounds. That's a lot for me considering I had a normal BMI to begin with.
Alright. That's my weekly rant. Hopefully I will have good news next week.
Last edited by BGAN on 18 May 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
BGAN
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: 4 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby jr2 » 16 May 2012, 19:46

All sounding great!
Continuing to send you my best wishes for continued improvement and improvement and healing !
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: 4 Weeks Post PBD with Skin Tag Removal

Postby 44alegna44 » 16 May 2012, 19:50

Hello again bgan :D
Great to hear from you! This update sounds very encouraging...well all except for no alcohol Image
I'm so happy to know you're pain level is down and overall you notice a positive improvement. This is how it's meant to be when we opt to take surgical measures...slow and steady on the way to full recovery.
Glad you're still being cautious with the running, I know how frustrating it is when our bodies go through the physical changes due to the limitations of exercise and diet changes that come with this condition.....but you'll get that back, the priority is still recovery.
Thanks for posting and please check in again with your progress...hopefully more docs. will get on board with this procedure, and your success will help another person that's faced with surgery to consider this as an encouraging option.
Best wishes,
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?