2 wks anal skin tag removal post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 wks anal skin tag removal post op

Postby Lala1978 » 01 Jun 2012, 02:16

I am new here and from the uk. As title says i had 3 anal skin tags removed 2 wks ago yesterday. Was in alot of pain and discomfort esp after a bm. I did my first bm the same night as my op and omg it killed thought i was actually going to die. I was faint, clammy shaking the lot.
But 2 wks on i am feeling much better. Not as much pain but stingy every now and again. Not sure about bm as i have had sickness and diarreah for 2 days so it has given my butt arest!
I am however still swollen and look as though i have skin tags but much worse. I am also experiencing a slight weeping from my anus i think or from the lumpy bits which is green. Is this normal is anyone experiencing the same or did?
I hope the swelling goes down as at the moment i am realy disappointed as it looks worse then before.
Been to the docs who said it is inflamed but does not look like and infection but gave me antibiotics in case. Follow up withmy surgeon should be in 6 wks.
Can anyone help with swelling or weeping side of it?
Thanks
Lala1978

Topics: 2

Re: 2 wks anal skin tag removal post op

Postby Liya » 12 Jun 2012, 17:56

I saw your post and I am curious since I had 4 skin tags taken off on June 1st. The area is twice as large as it was before the surgery. Is this what happened to you? It seems I too have all the same problems that have described. I went to the Doctor’s today to be told by the nurse practitioner they are hemorrhoids. I was hoping for some kind of solution to the problem. I got no help accept a new appointment in 2 weeks. Did the doctor tell you what to do? Did they give you some kind of treatment? Could you help?
Are your post op skin tags gone or are they the same or bigger?
Thank you. Hope you are doing better.
Liya
Liya

Re: 2 wks anal skin tag removal post op

Postby Lala1978 » 16 Jun 2012, 05:59

Hi liya
I am now just over 4 weeks after having my surgery. Stil got lumpy bits around anus looks like another 2 have formed but i am feeling alot better.
I managed to get an appt at the hospital to see one of the registrars for the surgeon who did my surgery as i was getting bleeding and hadnt had any for 6 days plus still very challenging when i had a bm.
Anyway he had a look omg it hurt and he only pulled my bum cheeks apart! He gave me sime gtn ointment which helps relax my sphincter muscle when having a bm he also said the lumpy bits are fluid filled and will go down i am assuming they protect the incision area. I have to go back in 3 weeks.
I started using the gtn and it does help to relax me when having a bm. Meant to help with recovery better as if u are not relaxed and irriate the surgery site then will take longer for it to heal. The only thing is that the ointment can give u headaches but i just take some ibrupophen.
My swelling has gone down alot though. But hopeful it will go down as i have been told. Looks worse then what it was to start with.
My bm are a little easier just need to breathe and stay relaxed. Initially i get discomfort but when it is being passed its not bad.
Still taking stool softbers, watching what i am eating and pain killers when neeed. Oh and using gtn and anusol.
How are u getting on? Are u from the uk?
Ang
Lala1978

Topics: 2

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?