Fissure or Hemorrhoid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure or Hemorrhoid

Postby Deleted User 680 » 03 Jun 2012, 17:30

hey guys, I have been diagnosed in the past with having a fissure. It seems like it is back in full effect now, as I have blood and pain/discomfort with I have a bowel movement. In the past I used Nitro which worked for a bit, but it never fully healed. My question is, how do I know if it's a fissure or a Hemorrhoid? My bowel movements aren't too painful, but are very very itchy/stingy/discomforting. And that itch/sting/discomfort will last for hours, lately the entire day! I get blood with I have a bowel movement also. I'm thinking I may have an internal hemorrhoid, since I get such an extreme itch, usually fissures are painful, but no itch. Anyways if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
Deleted User 680

Re: Fissure or Hemorrhoid

Postby Sana1 » 03 Jun 2012, 22:23

hi
It's possible that you have both, get a doctor to check inside.
As for me, I did have this lovely combo, I still have hemmies, but they shrank from stage 4 to 1, so this is no longer a problem. The pain from fissure is different, but it's hard to explain. Itch could be a sigh of fissure too; hemmies often bleed more than fissures, but not always ( some bleedings I had were pretty dramatic, like toilet all red, blood on me and even on the floor when I tryed to stand up!).
Treatment for fissure is mostly different than one for hemmie, although you can experiment with cold-heat-bath and etc' while waiting for the doctor (and in Toronto it could take long...from my own experience Image ).
Sana1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 680 » 04 Jun 2012, 08:36

I made an appointment for Wednesday, hopefully he can figure out what is going on down there. Today isn't quite as painful as yesterday which is a relief! The worst part about all this is, I waste days now in pain, not being able to work, or enjoy any hobbies :(
Deleted User 680

Postby Sana1 » 04 Jun 2012, 19:11

That's fast, you are lucky! What doc is it?
Don't want to scare you, but if he or she performs finger exam or anoscopy - it hurts during the procedure and after ( if it's active fissure). When it's only hemmie, you are going to have discomfort only, according to my personal history. Anyways it has to be done. Hopely you would not need sedation for that like I did, but it's also an option if you ask for it.
Good luck! I wish you to be free of this stupid and excruciating pain that makes life so miserable as soon as possible Image
Sana1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 680 » 05 Jun 2012, 08:59

thanks! It's just my family doctor, however a few years ago he sent me to see a surgeon, this surgeon was the one that told me I had a fissure, but said take lots of fiber, use baby wipes, etc. and it should heal. It did heal a bit, but only for a few months then it always comes back. I'm guessing when I see my family doctor tomorrow he's gonna send me to see the same surgeon, but this time I'll be sure to tell him it keeps coming back, and is extremely painful now. I actually just put some Anusol Plus with anaesthetic, which helps because it "numbs" the pain, but does wear off after 4 hours or so, and the discomfort comes back. There was also a lot of blood this time, so it's getting worse.
Deleted User 680