OMG what have I done

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

OMG what have I done

Postby julesy » 07 Jul 2012, 05:45

Desperately need some help here
I have had fissure for 2 months, didn't get on with recto. started dilitiazem on monday & phoned to put my my EUA / operation off from 23 July until 20 August as I wanted to give cream time to work
BM yesterday was bad but today was unbearable, had blood for the first time & actually cried when I got off the toilet. Also have been woken up through the night with bad pain coming from my sphincter when I have wind whci is really uncomforatble.
I don't actually know what to do with myself today I am in such pain. Have stopped the cream which i don't think I could have inserted anyway
Now I have to ring the NHS on Monday to see if they can see me on 23 July
Does anyone think the diltiazem could have made things worse?
Dreading my next BM
julesy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: OMG what have I done

Postby patkiley » 07 Jul 2012, 18:11

Hi Julesy,
I completely understand where you are coming from. The day before my surgery I actually felt better and almost cancelled it. I'm glad that I didn't. My colorectal surgeon gave me analcom (I think that's what it was called) which was a cream to insert up there, and diltiazem which was to be applied to the outside to relax the muscles. I cried every time I had to insert the cream. It felt like I was putting glass right into my cut. The diltiazem felt good though. I think the reason I felt better before my surgery was because she had told me to stop with the analcom and that helped to not inflame it so much. Try to take some ibuprofen. It should help with the pain and reduce the swelling down there. It won't take it all away but it should help. My dr told me to take between 600-800mg every 6-8 hrs.
I hope you feel better soon.
patkiley

Topics: 2