I think im healed/healing !

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I think im healed/healing !

Postby Lionheart » 16 Jul 2012, 03:23

Hello All
I don't wanna jinx my self, or rush to conclusion but i think I am either healing, or healed I have an appointment with the CRS on July 18th I will wait till then to confirm if any true healing is happening.
But I can say that, I ate, steak, fried chicken, fries, pizza, and many things that i have not had in months, and to my surprise, nothing ! no pain, no spasms after using the bathroom or anything !
I still take Miralax, and Metamucil daily and will continue to do so.
To be continued !
Lionheart
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: I think im healed/healing !

Postby restoremybody » 20 Jul 2012, 07:28

lionheart, i think miralax has helped me the most to avoid pain. May I ask at what consistency do you keep your BMs?
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Lionheart » 20 Jul 2012, 16:35

Hello
Well, I saw a different CRS today, this doctor seemed to be an older gentlemen who had plenty of experience in his field , one of the nurses told me that he had been practicing medicine for almost 30 years. The first CRS that i had been dealing with for almost 4 months had been a CRS for about 9 years. Long story short this guy seemed to know what the hell hes talking about.
So the nurse walks me to a exam room and says " he'll be right with you"
5 mins later the DOC walks in shakes my hand introduces him self and takes a seat, and starts being real friendly and he actually took his time me and him were just having general talk for about 5 mins before i told him about my condition.
So I explained to him that i have an AF and have been dealing with it for about4-5 months, I informed him that for the past 2 weeks i have not had any pain or spasms and i have been eating a normal diet.
You guys know whats next "undress and lets have a look" he examined for about 10-15 seconds and said, "well you do have a fissure but it seems to be healing"
The Dr. Also mentioned that since i was not having any pain or spasm it's a sign that some good healing is taking place. He also said that i can go ahead and eat chicken, meats and normal foods but overall i need to maintain a healthy high fiber diet with plenty of water.
I also asked about Mira-lax and Metamucil i have been taking them for 4 months almost daily. The Dr. instructed to wean off the Mira-lax and stay with Metamucil even though he did not favor Metamucil
As far as medications and supplements here is a list of what am taking.
Medications:
Generic Nitro cream %.04 which costs $30 instead of the brand name RECTIV which costs $500, the CRS said that RECTIV is a ripoff its just Nitro %.04.
Supplements:
Vitamin C 1000g
Zinc 50g
Folic Acid 50g
Vitamin E blend 1000iu
Fishoil
Controlled Triad- Multi Vitamin pills. (for people who work out)
CLA
Metamucil
For those of you who do weight training, I spent a good 5 mins talking to him about work outs and having an AF his words were" If your weight lifting that's fine just don't go too heavy cause you would be putting extra pressure on your bottom".
Overall this doctor i highly recommend for those of you who are in the MI Detroit area. You can message me and ill give you his info.
We talked about LIS and Botox, he said that for my situation i don't even need to mention it, cause there is simply no need for it right now, he explained that LIS is a very simple procedure and the incontinence issue is over hyped and in his 30 years he has not had a case of someone having incontinence after LIS.
I asked about BOTOX, in his words "botox is 50/50 I don't like it cause its expensive and the healing rates are not high at all".
for restormybody stool consistency: start thinking semisolid, something like toothpaste consistency, or if your a light eater, start aiming for tomato paste consistency.
Well I for now I guess all I can do is stick with what am doing cause it seems to be helping !
last but not least, some of you might not believe it but, prayer helps allot ! I don't know if its about being emotionally balanced but It made a world of difference for me.
If you have any question please feel free to ask.
Thank You and God bless you
Lionheart
Fibre Addict

Postby restoremybody » 21 Jul 2012, 20:18

Lionheart, are you a christian? meaning- a born again christian?
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Postby Lionheart » 21 Jul 2012, 20:28

born and raised catholic....
Lionheart
Fibre Addict

Postby restoremybody » 22 Jul 2012, 06:23

Cool. so glad you are doing well. Please say a prayer for the rest of us.
restoremybody
Salt Bather