3 Drs -2 wks, 3 different diets - Help Please

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

3 Drs -2 wks, 3 different diets - Help Please

Postby PJ » 21 Jul 2012, 17:22

Hello everyone. Today is my first day on this site. Got a lot of questions and so glad I found this place.
My PCP sent me to a diet Dr a little over a week ago, for cholesterol, my Cardiologist on Monday, and my Gastro Dr yesterday. Everyone of them placed me on a different diet. I am so confused.
My cardio wants me on a complete Vegan diet. Image (Cholesterol Dr, completely different said I need to eat meat, fish, eggs a few times a week) Yesterday, my gastro Dr placed me on a special diet for my fissure, and it cuts out almost all veggies, and is gulten free.
For the last 5 years I have been fighting breast cancer and now appear to be in remission. Many years ago, after giving birth, my surgeon removed a large section of my colon - fiscula and tumor. Two years ago, my Gastro-intestinal discovered more tumors and a large fissure. At the time, we had to let it go, as we were more concerned with possible cancer mets. He decided this now needs to be address. The pain is getting worst. I used to have an occassional attack, a few times a year, now its settling into 3-4 times a week, or more.
I'd appreciate any advice, any one coudl provide. Thank you, PJ
PJ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4