Newbie looking for help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie looking for help

Postby defissure » 28 Jul 2012, 10:16

58 yr old male diagnosed w fissure in January 2012 (symptoms over year prior) after doc appt w CRS. Prescribed the ointment and fiber w stool softners and sitz baths. Tried all above for 2-3 months kinda sorta got better but still not gone. Have'nt been back to doc but just started the drill again. Im not a very good patient. Pain is usually very minor w occaisonal bleeding. Looking for solutions other than surgery hopefully!!!
defissure

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie looking for help

Postby Neen » 28 Jul 2012, 17:03

Sorry for your pain! Honestly, surgery isnt so bad. I guess it is all relative to the pain you are in now. My pain was very very bad...started dec of 2011, had surgery this April...now I feel human again. I never thought I would ever feel good, but it does get better. I guess recommend surgery instead of going through it over and over again. I do hope you feel better one way or another. Good Luck!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Newbie looking for help

Postby Sue27uk » 29 Jul 2012, 04:09

I had the same problems, but my pain was more severe. I had no bleeding though! I would suggest going back as they may not suggest surgery first. They will probably offer botox, I had this last November which improved things but not right so just had surgery and botox again (not LIS but fissurotomy) after about 18months of all this. I don't know where you are but in the UK (where I am) they put you under general anaesthetic, examine you and inject botox. It's not an operation, more a procedure and the effects wear off after a few months so no permanence like surgery. Botox may be worth a try first before surgery :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21