Female that had LIS surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Female that had LIS surgery

Postby Fernie1 » 08 Aug 2012, 22:40

Hello teacherel, I had LIS done seven weeks ago... and I just turned 32.I still don't feel healed, but I will tell you one thing, the pain of the fissure is way less after surgery. It doesn't feel like pooping knives anymore.
Hang in there!! Only you will know when you've had enough pain and if you want to go through surgery or not.
It doesn't seem fair, that you or any of us for that matter have to put up with this kind of pain.
I'm sad you have to go through this, but please know that there's people here that understand you, and your pains.
Anal fissures can be mentally and physically exhausting just hang in there!
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby teacherel » 09 Aug 2012, 05:26

Thanks Fernie1 and Alison,
Its great to chat to other people sometimes I think my friends and family get sick of hearing about it so its great to have a place like this to turn to. I know Im going to get the LIS done I just have to prepare myself again for the long recovery road after, as I say it has taken 3 months to recovery from the stretch and still have pain but not as bad, its the mental thought off the pain, the cleaning, the soaking in sitz bath etc that I keep thinking about and of course what if it doesnt heal the bloody fissure... I work too Ive been on holidays for the last 6 weeks as Im a teacher but going back on the 29 Aug, and I have a little girl who's 19 months, so its busy in my house.. the only thing is I think the pain is less when Im working as I just don't have time to think about it as much..
Keep in touch... and take care.. Image
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby alpinestrawberry » 09 Aug 2012, 07:48

I was 33 when I had my surgery done--but I'd been suffering since I was 28/29--giving birth to my third baby is what caused the fissure.
If you have a surgeon with a good reputation, you are going to be just fine; I truly believe that. They know how to leave you with enough muscle so that you still have control. Right now, if I really wanted another baby I wouldn't be afraid to have one (not possible though, due to husband's vasectomy :) ).
If anything, I still go through times now and again where I feel overtight and have trouble for a few days. But any retears I get are far less painful and they heal super fast. I am content, as at this point retears are becoming rarer and rarer for me.
Best wishes if you do decide you need the surgery--there are so many women on here who've had to go that route and it generally turns out just fine. Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby teacherel » 09 Aug 2012, 16:21

Thanks alpinestrawberry,
Its reassuring to hear such positive comments about the surgery. At the moment Im not bad just a good bit of burning after BM which can last for hours. I honestly think the surgery is the best solution, its not rights to live like this at such a young age..
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Positive Girl » 12 May 2013, 13:11

Hi Teacherel.........I know it's a while since you posted about this but I too live in Ireland (co Wicklow) and have suffered on and off with a chronic fissure since 2009 It did heal after two botox shots in 2010 but unfort I ended up having to have chemo / radiotherapy then a 20 hr reconstruction and wham the fissure was back.........but it did heal last year but for the past 6/7 months have been in agony........had two more botox injections and no luck healing so I may be looking at the LIS.....can I ask did you ever have it ? and if so where and what was your experience ? thanks so much.
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict