Female that had LIS surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Female that had LIS surgery

Postby teacherel » 04 Aug 2012, 16:02

Hi there everyone,
Just wondering if there is any women that had the LIS done recently, I would love to chat to them, Im 31 with one child and just wondering is there any female out there that could share their experience of the LIS with me. Im reading alot from the men who got it done.. Its my next procedure but Im a little unsure due to my age and I want to have another baby sometime.. and surgeon is a little reluctant to do it because of this..
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Female that had LIS surgery

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2012, 04:05

Hi have you tried Botox? I'm in Ireland too i had botox done 27th july & i am pain free for 6 days now 😊 my CRS doesn't recommend LIS in young women as the sphincter muscle is not as thick as in men.

Postby teacherel » 06 Aug 2012, 15:25

Hi its great to hear from someone in Ireland. No he felt that the stretch was best as my fissure is superficial, but now he feels that we will have to go for the LIS, like that he doesn't like doing it on women but come on whats the alternative stay in pain. I dont think so.. Im delighted your pain free, when I went in for my examination I thought I was having botox done aswell but when I woke up I was told he done the stretch and removed skin tags. Im back to see him in Sept so I will suggest the botox again and see what he says.
How long did you have the fissure? Where in Ireland did you have the botox done if you dont mind me asking its just great to hear from an Irish person.
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2012, 14:25

Hi I had it done in Bon Secours in Dublin. I had the fissure for about 7mths also had some hemorriodes injected same time. Although I'm pain free I'm still terrified it won't heal before Botox wears off & your right if LIS is your next step go for it I would in a heart beat couldn't live with that pain again.
I hope you get sorted soon if your in a lot of pain ring your CRS try get earlier app

Not convinced this botox is going to work

Postby split ring » 07 Aug 2012, 16:45

Hi,Im new to this forum and had 4 botox injections to my anal fissure 9 days ago ( July 30th).... I know its early days yet,BUT 3 days into my botox i have nothing but pain. My fissure feels raw and i can feel it,also my piles are externally painful since surgery. Since surgery aswell i have problems with a continuos achy,horrible pain in my left bum cheek,any ideas?? I really hope this pain goes away,this fissure has taken over my life for the past 5 months. On a good note,Ireland is a lovely place,visited a lot has my family are irish :) Hope to hear from you soon Image
split ring

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2012, 03:33

Hi split ring, sorry your in pain my botox took about a wk or so to kick in. My first BM was painful but nothing like it was before Botox. I had a few days where I had shooting pain & then it just went away 😊. I hope it stays away.
Don't know what that pain in your cheek could be, but sometimes (rarely) the Botox can leak not 100% sure. did you have anything done for your piles? Do you still take stool softners?
Take care Image

Postby teacherel » 08 Aug 2012, 15:34

Hi split ring,
I have no experience of the botox but I did have the anal dilation(stretch) nearly 4 months ago. I have improved big time but still have some degree of pain every day for hours, for 3 weeks after my stretch It was very bad every day was bad, worse than before, I even had this pain up my bum like there was something stuck there if you can understand that but it did ease off. I even rang the surgeon to find out was this normal and he said yes that I just had procedure done in my bum and its just a delicate area and of course I was going to be sore for a while. I know thats not an answer to your problem but it does take time to settle down. As for taking over your life I know exactly what you mean, my husband must be sick of me everyday spending ages in the toilet and going on and on about it, it wrecks my head that I just want to scream somedays. Its a really depressing condition....
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Postby teacherel » 08 Aug 2012, 15:38

Hi Bailey2009.
Im down here in Kerry, I had my op done in KGH, my surgeon is very good and people swear by him. Im going to hold out now until my next visit in Sept and see how that goes and If still not improved I think Im going to have the LIS. Its worth a try, my life is on hold at the minute, Id love to start trying for another baby but wont cause of this blasted thing.
How come you didnt have LIS?
teacherel
Fibre Addict

Postby split ring » 08 Aug 2012, 16:15

Hi Bailey2009,
Thanks for your supportive reply.Its good to hear that the pain gets easier,i have been taking ibruprofen every 4 hours today has the pain was that bad.It does not help with being on my feet all day with my job.They have never done anything about my piles,i only thought there was a operation and it was a bad one.My piles are bad when they have a flare up,i am putting this one down to being messed with having the botox. I have just had a long salt bath which eases them and use Anusol through the day.You ask about BM softeners,I take 2 fibre gels at bed time,plus a dose of lactulose. Nothing else was suggested to me,is there anything better???
My next adventure is a full Colonoscopy to hopefully rule out Crohns disease,awaiting the appointment.
It's such a relief to have found this site,knowing i am not the only one suffering. Hope you are keeping well,Hope to hear from you soon,Take Care Alison Image
split ring

Postby split ring » 08 Aug 2012, 16:33

Hi Teacherel,Thanks for your message Image It is so nice to hear from other people with anal problems. So have you suffered an Anal fissure??? Or just had the stretch??? Yes its good to know we agree on it taking over your life!!!! I still have to work(although i am not 100%) - Finish work - Go home - Have tea and a few hours rest - Bedtime Salt bath soak - Night time drinks of 2 fibre gels plus a dose of Lactulose -Then bed....Up at 6am for work,that is my life.... Thankyou for your kind thoughts and keep in touch,it would be good to hear from you again,Alison Image
split ring