Hello all. Need to talk...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello all. Need to talk...

Postby Core » 16 Aug 2012, 15:34

Hello everyone. I have recently diagnosed myself and can't get in to see my Dr. for another several weeks. :( Like some of you, I thought I had hemmorhoids after the birth of my son, and now, as I look back, I am pretty sure that it was fissures all along. But I do have questions that I can't find the answers to... So I will ask them here and hope that some of you can answer them.
1. I have extreme itchiness problems in that area... do fissures cause this?? It is practically insatiable at times, and of course, it hurts to do so. It even wakes me up at night, sometimes several times a night.
2. Do all fissures lead into the anus? It appears that I have some that are at least 1cm away from the opening... could these be fissures too (they look like gaping paper cuts).
3. What is the best over-the-counter treatment to help with pain management and healing (Anyone from Canada for this one???).
Thanks for listening folks. I know my mom had this problem several years ago, and I wish she was still around for me to ask questions too (passed away). And I don't think my hubby really wants to hear about my sore bum. :) I appreciate any answers you can provide!
Core

Topics: 1

Re: Hello all. Need to talk...

Postby Savaici » 17 Aug 2012, 18:44

Hi there, and welcome to the group, though sorry you fnd yourself here, so to speak :) .
Just to give my experiences, in response to your questions.
I have never been itchy near my anus, just slightly irritated if I had any poop left behind after cleaning up.
Fissures are situated in the lining of the anus. Something 1cm away from the anus, I can't really give an opinion on what it might be, but suggest you tell the place where you have your appointment that you are in pain and stress from where its coming, and ask to get in sooner.
Can't help with pain relief in Canada! Sorry!!
Really think your best bet is stressing the pain you are in etc and getting in and seeing your doctor sooner rather than later. Big hug!! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Hello all. Need to talk...

Postby 3 years now » 18 Aug 2012, 09:24

I'm in Canada - but for pain, not much meds that really help. Codeine does but that will bung you up = BAD. Advil or Ibuprofen helps a bit. So does Anusol, you don't need a prescription in Canada for that.
For me, the nitro cream (from your doctor) helps, as well as heat and cold, alternated.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9