Nerve/Pressure Pains, 8 weeks post op...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Nerve/Pressure Pains, 8 weeks post op...

Postby IveGotFissues » 19 Aug 2012, 09:37

As we approach the end of August which means (8 weeks) since I have had the surgery, Im still having mixed feelings and it is because what I am experiencing isnt really spoken of on this site.
Ok first of all, when using the bathroom there is very little blood, most times no blood at all which is good. However, there is still some pain (it seems that the softer the stool, the more pain ironically) but it is not the same kind of pain that came with having a fissure. The pain is more of a pressure/nerve pain. I can totally understand that when you cut into a muscle you are also cutting into nerve endings that will make the area more sensitive but I have never really heard anyone mention it. (By the way, the pain lasts 5 minutes after the bowel movement and generally goes away).
Has anyone else experienced this or is experiencing the same pain I am. I am getting nitro glycerine to relax the pressure on the surgical site to increase blood flow to incur fast healing inside now. If anyone can relate their experiences or tips I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Adrian
IveGotFissues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Nerve/Pressure Pains, 8 weeks post op...

Postby Fernie1 » 20 Aug 2012, 14:19

Hi Adrian :)
I am also 8 weeks post LIS op. And occasionally I had a weird sensation at the incision site. I believe the glycerine will help you feel better. I guess you're going to have to give it some time (Don't give up!)
These issues require the patience of Job.
I'm on Nifidepine suppositories and Valium because my fissures did not heal with LIS.
Been on this treatment for four days now -_- still don't see any improvement, but I'm hopeful. Supposedly this will help increase my blood-flow to the sphincter area too.
My best of wishes to you, and your healing.
:)
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Nerve/Pressure Pains, 8 weeks post op...

Postby IveGotFissues » 22 Aug 2012, 19:57

Aw thanks, I hope your get some relief somehow...
Its strange because I can definitely pass stool better but there is a pain still, like a bruise pain, not a fissure pain and then I feel pressure pain. Of course, this pain lasts like 5 minutes which is an improvement from last month where it lasted for hours... I def think the nitro will work wonders for me because it will increase blood flow in the area which will improve the healing from the inside...I will def update and thanks for responding.
IveGotFissues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2