My "fissure healing plan"

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My "fissure healing plan"

Postby well-this-sure-sucks » 03 Sep 2012, 03:18

Hello all.
In the last couple of days Iv been reading ALOT on anal fissures and how to deal with them. I then translated my new found knowledge into a plan on how to deal with my fissure. Having just finished it, I would like to share it with you and maybe get some input on something else I can do.
Things I do:
* Drink a lot of water everyday
* Eat a high fibre diet without overdoing it (this one can be tricky I think)
* Take a fibre supplement 2 times daily. I take Psyllium seeds. 1.5 grams, 2 times a day. This is a very low dose but i want to start off low and then increase the dose slowly.
* Take sitz bath everyday and especially after BM. I just use warm water, no salts or anything.
* After BM, I start off with toilet paper but then the area is more dry (sorry for details) I use a baby whipe. These are without perfume and such things and does not contain witch hazel.
* Apply zinc oxide 30% creme to the area 1-3 times a day.
* Take Movicol 2 times a day (morning and before bed). At this time im only using one sacket containing 13 g. I know this is not much but it seems to be enough for me. If I suspect a constipation is on its way then I will take more - like after having a big steak or something.
* I chew foods like nuts and meat much more than I used to. (dont want to cut these things out quit yet as I really like them and I dont think they are the problem)
* I drink 1/4 of a glass of prune juice every morning and every night before going to bed. Also, I eat about 5 dried prunes at some point during the day.
* I eat 6 times a day, not to big meals but end up eating just as much (If not more) than most people due to the 6 times a day thing (Iv done this before the fissure too as this works best for me)
* I take olive oil 2 times a day, in the morning and before bedtime. I can highly recommend this one!
Things I do, but maybe shouldent do:
* I still eat meat (even steak), nuts, bananas, diary. But I do crew things like meat and nuts a lot more than I used to.
* I run, I ride my bike, I drive my motorcycle, I practice martial arts and I lift weights. I cannot relate any of my fissure problems to these things yet but if I can at some point then I will take it into consideration. I sure hope it dosent come to that though as these things really helps me to deal with depression, ADHD, anxiety, OCD and well, just feel better in any aspect of my life.
* Im stressed out everyday, even though I dont work at the time, have no kids and stuff like that. Unfortunatly, I can get stressed out from things that most people would not care about. Thinking about trying Yoga to reduce stress, but do you think that yoga is okay to do then having an anal fissure?
Things I dont do, but might want to do:
* Start taking magnesium and zinc supplements. Read about it somewhere, should help one to get soft stools. Is it worth it?
* Start taking ginseng. Should help to a healthy stomach.
* Start using eighter nitro, Diltiazem or Nifedipine creams. I will ask my GP for these next week then he is back from vacation (is it only me or is GPs going on vacation like much more than most people).
I think thats it at the moment. Please comment on what else I could do, if im doing anything "wrong" and stuff like that.
Thanks to you all in advance and have a "pain in the ass" free day :)
well-this-sure-sucks
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: My "fissure healing plan"

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Sep 2012, 09:20

hi there, i don't think you should take fiber supplements and movicol together. Fiber is to bulk up stools while the other one is to soften. I was wrong in taking fybergel to soften stools (given by my CRS), cos they don't, it bulks up instead and thus ur AH needs to expand more!
i was a past sufferer of AF and has recovered. CRS said it's a miracle as most of his patients need surgery. I can't say that it works for everyone, but if u are interested, check out my post under the thread "my success story".
i wish you well and yes, u will recover in time to come!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19