It feels like my fissure is back! :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

It feels like my fissure is back! :(

Postby zaynabali » 03 Sep 2012, 05:22

I had my surgery on Aug, 9. My bowel movement has improved tremendously after having several enemas and colon treatments [I had chronic constipation for 2 years prior] and it felt like im over that, i was passing stool regularly, almost after every meal! until one day the same type of stool that caused me fissures reoccurred and now the same symptoms i had before my surgery are back! the pain and everything :( I'm only 21 years old and its hard for me to stay relaxed while having this pain and awful discomfort! Am i going to need another surgery?! what should i do PLZ help !!!
zaynabali

Topics: 1

Re: It feels like my fissure is back! :(

Postby Savaici » 03 Sep 2012, 06:42

Sorry that you are in pain, zaynabali Image . What surgery did you have? If you had LIS, you will probably have seen how the period for healing can be quite a few weeks/months. Also, if you have had this, most people who have had it stress the need to take it as easy as possible during that healing period, watching your diet, that you do not get constipated, eat fiber to keep everything easy to pass through your system, and drink enough water. If you do a search for LIS you will find so much to read from many who have recovered from this surgery and have gone on to live their lives as normal. Really hope that you will feel better soon. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: It feels like my fissure is back! :(

Postby andyk123 » 03 Sep 2012, 13:52

let me know how it goes.. same thing happened to me, i see you commented in my thread. mine has calmed down now nad im hoping this continues
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12