Anal fissure and night pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure and night pain

Postby Little Hedgehog » 04 Sep 2012, 00:37

Hello everyone,
I'm a 30 year old male and I have recently been diagnosed with an anal fissure as well as medium sized hemorrhoids.
It's hereditary for a part because my mom and grandfather have it too. Anyways, I went to the proctologist last week and she had to look "in there" with some device. It was pretty painful and unpleasant to say the least and she said that my fissure was healing, but I suppose it was re-irritated when she looked in there.
She gave me an ointment of glyceryl trinitrate which I have to use for several weeks.
Last night however, I had a very scary and unpleasant experience: I woke up in the middle of the night with some pretty severe anal pain. It kinda felt like an internal, dull pain with a feeling of pressure. It woke me up from my sleep, lasted a few minutes and then faded away.
Can this be caused by anal fissures? If so, what the hell was that anyway? I've never had it before...
Thanks for your help!
Little Hedgehog

Topics: 2

Re: Anal fissure and night pain

Postby Savaici » 04 Sep 2012, 07:10

Hi there, and welcome Image ! Sorry that you have to be here, but it is the best place for info and help that is out there...in my opinion!
When it comes to pain in the night from a fissure, I don't have this, but you might want to have a read on wikipedia at this link to see if it might be what you have, as remember looking this up myself. Hope it's of some help, or that you can at least decide it is not this. We do all tend to go through the gamet of what our symptoms might be and hope to tie them to something. Often, they just turn out to be the way our fissure chooses to treat us! Anyway, here is the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proctalgia_fugax
All the best! Come back and let us know how you are doing, and use the search function on here, as there is a lot of information to be found.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby 2aussieMom » 04 Sep 2012, 22:01

Welcome to the group.
Just my personal experience with the severe anal pain. My guess is that it is probably a spasm of the anal sphincter (imagine making a very tight fist with your hand). It gets extremely tight and can feel like a deep pressure. Sometimes feels like it is squeezing on broken glass!
Hopefully you'll get some additional ideas that we can all learn from.
It's fortunate yours didn't last long and you could sleep; sometimes mine will go on for hours (day or night).
Try relaxing, deep breathing. A lot of posters on this site talk about applying a gentle pressure or massage to the anus. Only do this if it seems to relax you. If it causes increased pain, it will only tighten things up. A warm sitz bath will also probably help.
2aussieMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sue27uk » 06 Sep 2012, 13:19

This could be a spasm, I was feeling pressure when I had bad spasms. It could also be proctalgia fugax, as my doc said I may have this. It's related to problems in the anal area and could be a result of having the fissure. It could be this as it happened at night, if you look it up there are suggestions on the internet of how to relax :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 00:10

I have anal pressure. Like I want to pass a gas but it feels like there is no hole or like I want to have BM and there is nothing. This is ruining my life!
I feel like i need to push all the time.
Please if you guys know about it let me know ....
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1