Stomach flu and anal fissure.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stomach flu and anal fissure.

Postby well-this-sure-sucks » 06 Sep 2012, 14:23

Hi all.
I was just doing some great improvement for the last 6 days. No blood, no pain during BM and only a very slight irritation sometimes during the day which I think might had something to do with the healing.
Well, today, I got the stomach flu. Most of you know the drill. Diarrea, stomach pain, puke, headache and so on. I started this morning and is already getting better now. Normally it takes 1-3 days to recover. The diarrea sure aint fun for the AH and the area has been a little irritated - but I think this is pretty normal, even if you dont have an anal fissure.
What im afraid of is that I will constipation in a few days then this flu blows over. Iv gone 19 hours without eating, but just ate some yougurt. I wont be taking Movicol to night as I quess this will only make the diarrea worse (?)
I would like to hear from people who has been in a similar sitiuation. When did you re-start your use of stool softeners? Did you get constipation after the flu? Anything else I should be aware of?
well-this-sure-sucks
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Stomach flu and anal fissure.

Postby jr2 » 06 Sep 2012, 23:50

hi there,
i'm in the same boat with you today.
i decided to go ahead and stick with my regular regimen, which is to take one stool softener and a teaspoon of Miralax. I suffer with frequent diarrhea anyway, but find that firmer stools are way more of a problem for my fissures than diarrhea, so even if my taking my regular regimen makes me mildly worse in the short term, i would rather risk that. We'll see if i still feel that way tomorrow.
Hope you feel better soon.
jr2

Topics: 15