holiday looming!!!!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: holiday looming!!!!!!

Postby owmybum » 02 Oct 2012, 14:36

Bailey, what did they do for you in a&e ?
I live in a small town and the a&e dept is more like a cupboard!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2012, 14:53

They gave me morphine each time. Sent me home with proper meds nice & strong, nitro cream, movicol & lactulose my gp was only giving me smarties, you've probably tried it all but my pt is if you keep going back they have to do something. They were close to admitting me to do some sort of procedure not sure what as it was a public hospital but I was close to seeing CRS privately so just took meds and went home. Kept me going for another while.

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2012, 11:52

I think I may just give that a try. I will try anything if it helps.
How r you doing now post Botox?
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 03 Oct 2012, 13:23

Hi how are you feeling today? I hope your not too bad 😊
I'm 10wks post Botox today still working tg no pain get little reminder now & again that it's still there. I will probably be going for 2nd shot in couple wks as im not healed & had re tear last sat. I'm having colonoscopy done first thoughts of it 😁

Postby owmybum » 04 Oct 2012, 01:59

Hi,
That's great that its still giving you pain relief. Aah just to feel normal for a bit must be a real emotional boost. Even though you have had a re tear on sat r u still mostly on a low pain scale?
That's good that you are having a colonoscopy done.. They seem to be really looking after you and trying everything before surgery. Try not to worry about it too much, I am sure it won't b as bad as you think, because of the Botox, things r more relaxed so it can't tighten so much. Are you put out for it?
Anyway, I have to get off to work in a bit, just got my little one off to school, need a quick soak, ram down some pain killers, grit my teeth and face the day!
OMB xx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2012, 12:20

Hi,

yes its great to feel a little normal again my pain is very low at the moment wouldnt really call it pain more stingy itchy at the moment. Even though im dreading colonoscopy im looking forward to it too if that makes sense. I will be asleep for it so wont feel a thing i believe the prep is the worse part.
How did your day go today? I hope it wasnt too bad :) its so hard to work and deal with the pain of a fissure i nearly went mad had to keep coming home in the afternoon when pain got really bad i hope i never have to deal with that again.

Postby owmybum » 04 Oct 2012, 14:04

Hi,
My day hasn't been too bad. My boss is pretty good and tells me to "perch" on the chair if I need to. We were pretty busy, and that helps to take my mind off my bum, or I find I am constantly aware of it yanging away. Have been laying on my side for about an hour now and things feel a lot better.
It's good that you will be put out, I am not sure what the prep is... Prob an enima or something. Try not to worry. Hope you had a comfortable day today
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2012, 12:50

Hi OBM,
How have you been since? I hope your managing well. It's great when you have a boss that understands makes work a little easier. I've been good just little twinges tg.
When is your holiday?

Postby owmybum » 06 Oct 2012, 11:44

Hi bailey2009,
I have been managing ok for the last couple of days. I have upped my lactulose a bit, cut down on junk and portion sizes, and started to put my feet up onto a stool when I need a bm. I have been able to take it easier today and the pain is a lot better with just neurofen now. I just need to keep this up and get a little better each day. My holl is on nov 3rd. Not long to get myself to a stage where I can manage to be on my feet all day... But I'll give it a damn good try!
How have you been? It's been a week since you saw blood... Have you stopped now?
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2012, 16:33

Hi OBM,
I'm delighted to hear you are managing better & hope you continue too. I had a little holiday when my fissure was very active was just a long wkend but I was so careful with my diet etc the fissure gave me a break I couldn't believe it. I hope the same happens for you 😊. I'd love a holiday this time of year but I've 2 hopes & 1 of them is bob as you would say Image
I've been good thanks no blood since Wednesday still getting little twinges but nothing to complain about tg.
It was my bday yesterday so went mad had a Chinese & 2gls of wine I thought I'd die today but I didn't Image
Take care x