holiday looming!!!!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: holiday looming!!!!!!

Postby owmybum » 07 Oct 2012, 09:23

Happy belated birthday to you.... Funny thing is, you won't believe it, but its my birthday today!
Unlike you though, i don't want to risk it and am not going out for a meal... My crazy birthday treat will be choosing between lentil or veg soup!
So gld to hear you didn't pay for it the next day... The Botox must be doing its job
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2012, 11:30

Thank you & a very happy birthday to you Image . I hope your birthday soup was nice maybe treat yourself with something else other than food. I didn't really go mad with the Chinese I had chicken satay not too spicy I was more afraid of the alcohol as I haven't had a drink in so long because of the meds. Isn't it terrible you have to think before you put something into your mouth. I'm really happy with the way Botox is working for me. If I could find out why I get constipated it would be great. It's my biggest problem.
Enjoy the rest if your birthday hope you don't have much pain 😊

Postby owmybum » 08 Oct 2012, 02:07

Have you been tested for any bowel conditions that may cause constipation? Do you know if there are certain foods that make you more constipated than others?
It is terrible that we have to think before putting anything in our mouths. At the moment I feel so anxious about my holiday and trying to get my retare back to manageable discomfort that I feel I don't want to eat anything. Have been living off soup and very small portions of jacket potatoes and beans. I need to eat more but I just don't know what.
Hope your day is nice and comfortable
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 08 Oct 2012, 12:56

No havn't been tested yet doing colonoscopy first crs said she would see then. I eat everything that is good for you i live on fruit,veg, chicken & fish. I may eat far too much fiber who knows. Id say you are anxious about holiday but you seem to be working very hard so hopefully it pays off. i see you are having trouble with the cream you are using thats a pain they changed to a different brand. I used the nitro headaches were not as bad as the fissure pain. You really need to eat more & maybe i need to eat less so unfair.
I hope you had a good day Image

Postby owmybum » 08 Oct 2012, 15:22

I had really bad headaches with nitro. I had to go and wipe it off almost immediately..I thought I was coming down with flue!
Your diet looks really healthy.. Lots of soluble fibre in fruit and veg... It can only be good for you.
I saw my gp earlier and she said she will try and speak to my consultant and ask him what I can have now to try and help before I go on holl. She also mentioned some local anaesthetic to use. Will have to wait a couple of days for her to get back to me.
Hope tomorrow is another comfortable one for you
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 09 Oct 2012, 07:37

Oh that would be great if your gp sorts out something to help you while on hols. I tried that proctofoam it helped me for about a wk I used it along with the nitro then started burning me so stopped using it. My gp prescribed it while I was waiting for app with CRS. You inject it up into your butt it's supposed to reduce inflammation & numb the area.
Hope your pain is not too bad today 😊

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2012, 02:01

Thanks for the info.. I may ask my gp about it, see what they say. If it numbs the area it would b good for the holl! I'm not sure about injecting it up my bum though Image
How have you been?
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2012, 11:06

It's just an applicator you use to get it up there 😊 doesn't hurt. How have you been? I've been getting a few more pains than usual today nothing bad though 😊.
I see your looking for flaxseed/linseed you can buy it in aldi grounded already 😊 it's Ђ2 here,well that's if there is an aldi near you.

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2012, 12:17

Hi bailey2009,
Sorry to see you have had a bit of pain today.. Have you eaten anything that may have irritated you?
I have got an aldi near me, so I will have a look on fri. For the flaxseed.thanks.
I have also ordered some coconut oil so will give that a go when it gets here. I tell you, if someone said that cow dung was the best cure for afs, I would have my wellies on as quick as a flash and head for the nearest field! I literally feel like I will try anything! Image
Anyway, I hope you feel a little better tomorrow
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2012, 13:47

Lol I know how you feel. I was thinking of trying coconut oil too did you order it online? You know what I ate a small piece of steak for dinner last night haven't had it for mths was fed up with oh no are we having chicken again 😊 I didn't think it would do any harm but there you go must have been it.
Hope your managing your pain well 😊