Fissurectomy with LIS and Tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Fissurectomy with LIS and Tag removal

Postby Anya324 » 18 Oct 2012, 09:37

Did you get the b-Sure pads yet? I hope you like them!!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby ryanman0 » 18 Oct 2012, 16:32

Yep, I got them. Thanks. They are nice. Much Larger than the squares that I was using that would always fall out. No matter what I use, it kind of makes me feel like my underwear is stuck in my butt all day.
However, I (thankfully) hardly have any drainage any more (at least not today). I wish my doctor had given me some like your did!
How are you doing?
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 19 Oct 2012, 23:50

Doing pretty well if I dont over do it... I am off pains meds as of day 7 so that's a plus! I took just one yesterday cuz we went to Orlando for my followup and decided to stop into their beautiful Mellenia Mall and I walked too much. That stupid pill numbed my bum and gave me the 3rd most horrible migrane of my life. So today I just took Advil and while it didn't really help my bum as much as I would have hoped, it's better than a constant headache, especially one like yesterday's.
As for my bum, dr said that its still pretty swollen and yesterday it was sore from a BM that I just couldn't get clean Image so I was too tense for him to do a proper exam. However, he said that what he could see looked good and to keep doing sitz baths. He said I can resume normal activity with the exception of squatting to pick up the twins. We will have help next week in the mornings still cuz I don't trust myself not to do something monumentally stupid with them and turn a good day (and an awesome recovery) into a terrible one.
About my problem getting clean after BMs, a big issue is that I have gotten to loose with the Miralax. While on the Vicodin I needed a full dose but now I have to go back down and it takes a few days with Miralax to both start and stop working. Also, a neighbor told me there's an bidet attachment for standard toilets Image . I will be purchasing this ASAP as I feel wiping will not be an option for a long while and I won't have time to do as many sitz baths in the post-recovery future.
Due to my rapid, wonderful recovery I suspect I'll be pretty quiet for a bit. Pray I'm quiet Image cuz if I'm not Image .....
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 20 Oct 2012, 05:36

Anya,
Where do you live in Florida? Try putting vaseline on the area prior to having a BM. Then use cosmetic squares for wiping. Don't use TP. Cotton balls seem to fall apart, and the squares work better. You can measure out Miralax by teaspoons or lesser amounts. When you are loose, try to gradually decrease the amount if possible in order to not go into constipation or being too firm. We hope to go to FMB for our third year this coming Feb--renting a condo this time for a month.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Anya324 » 20 Oct 2012, 16:01

I baaaaack!!! Image Not sure why but I've pooped 5x today and it still pretty loose. Maybe the new antibiotic they put me on for the UTI.... But goodness I hope it's not cuz I gotta knock this thing out! Anyway, all this pooing has my bum on fire and the tag is swollen back up post-op day 2 size. I tried the Vaseline (A&D actually cuz that's all I could get to when the BM came a knockin). It definitely helped but I was too far gone at that point for it to make a huge difference.
I am sending my hubby to the store tonight for makeup rounds, cetaphil lotion soap (instead of the super expensive Balneol), a tube (not tub) of Vaseline and chocolate. Image
Cheryl, I'll pm you now.
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 20 Oct 2012, 16:50

I bet it's the AB causing those loose stools. That's how I got goofed up again. The AB loosened me up, so I cut down on my Miralax, then after the AB was done, I got really constipated resulting in a sore butt!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby ryanman0 » 20 Oct 2012, 17:43

Anya324 wrote:I baaaaack!!! Image Not sure why but I've pooped 5x today and it still pretty loose. Maybe the new antibiotic they put me on for the UTI.... But goodness I hope it's not cuz I gotta knock this thing out! Anyway, all this pooing has my bum on fire and the tag is swollen back up post-op day 2 size. I tried the Vaseline (A&D actually cuz that's all I could get to when the BM came a knockin). It definitely helped but I was too far gone at that point for it to make a huge difference.
I am sending my hubby to the store tonight for makeup rounds, cetaphil lotion soap (instead of the super expensive Balneol), a tube (not tub) of Vaseline and chocolate. Image
Cheryl, I'll pm you now.

Sorry to hear that. Do you think ice and ibuprofen might help for the swelling?
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 20 Oct 2012, 21:57

Good idea Ryan! I did take a cold sitz bath and that felt really good for awhile. I will take some Advil before bed. Along with my miriad of other pills and vitamins.... Pharmacist said I can take Imodium with AB so I will also try that tonight and see if it make any difference in the morning...
My amazing hubby went to Walmart for me this evening and picked up all my necessities :) he came back with over 200 makeup pads!!! Love him Image I used the petroleum jelly before this last BM, which was firmer than the others today, and as I did I felt a stitch. I touched the spot where I feel the most pain cuz I wanted to make sure it was coated with lube, and there it was poking its ugly ends out at me Image
And now, off topic...
Image My poor DS got 3 fireant bites today while visiting family and then after nap fell out if the lazyboy, smacked the corner of the wall dead center with his forehead and then his our hardwood floor... My nerves, which were already so frayed from my upset belly and bum, almost exploded. I held him and rocked for a few minutes but I couldn't walk with him like I knew he'd like so I had to hand him off to Daddy. That was so hard! When my kids get hurt to that degree the protective Momma Bear comes out in me and I really don't want anyone to hold them but myself. The fact that I couldn't do what I knew my son needed was heart wrenching. For the most part, I've enjoyed the break, in my room away from the chaos and whining but I've had many good moments with them through the healing process and today was such a bad day for me and then for him to get hurt... Okay, I'm gonna stop rambling. Thanks to those of you that read my rant!
Anya324
Salt Bather