It's Deja Vu all over again...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: It's Deja Vu all over again...

Postby cherylk » 21 Oct 2012, 09:02

I think stress negatively affects the digestive system and the butts. I'm going to start cognitive behavior therapy soon and will try to post here about my experience in case anyone is interested.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby dan2012 » 22 Oct 2012, 11:51

Hello OMB, the medicine comes in tablets. It's not like Nifedipine/Diltiazem which you in theory need to still keep using along with Robaxin. It's supposed to be a mild muscle relaxant with no addiction/tolerance problems and without constipation as a side effect. It's also relatively cheap.
Now I'm in Day 4 with the medicine, and I only bled once since I started (and very very little). The pain went down very significantly, lasting only 1 hour after my 2nd bowel movement in the morning. Last night I had no pain whatsoever after my nightly BM (I'm a 3x a day guy), so I'm hopeful.
I really don't think I have AF any longer, given the dr didn't see it and my AF symptoms seem to be gone.
Since we are talking about EUA and stuff that can be done during it... Has anyone here tried Sclerotherapy? I did it once 4 months ago (without anesthesia) and it certainly helped me although the problem didn't go away completely.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby owmybum » 23 Oct 2012, 03:42

Hi dan,
Isn't sclerotherapy for varicose veins?
I am really pleased the robaxin is working for you.. It really does help to keep things as relaxed as possible down there. I know that's easier said than done when, if like me, you are very aware of your bum at all times! I think I may ask my gp about robaxin. I am in the uk so not sure if we have it here.
Hope your bms continue to be pain free!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby StevePain » 23 Oct 2012, 13:24

I had Sclerotherapy for my hemmorhoids in 2006, it's basically a chemical that gets injected into hemmies to make them shrivel, doesn't always work.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby dan2012 » 23 Oct 2012, 20:00

Sclerotherapy is a established treatment for internal hemorrhoids. I had it a few months ago but it wasn't enough to heal me - as Steve mentioned, it doesn't always work. I read often that it can be pretty good if you do it multiple times, so I might try it again if I need.
Regarding Robaxin, make sure to ask for its generic name Methocarbamol, your doctor might know it by this name instead of the commercial one (which tend to vary from country to country).
And btw, now in Day 5 of Robaxin, still working pretty well. I'm not pain free but much better than before I started using it. I still might consider the EUA, but I'll give it more time since the medicine is working well.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby owmybum » 24 Oct 2012, 12:14

Only 5 days in and feeling better ..... sounds good to me! So glad you have found something to help you. I would deff consider the pelvic floor treatment, it can be so beneficial for lots of different things. A friends husband had it for back trouble also.. It really strengthens your core.
Will ask at the docs on fri what she thinks about robaxin, I don't get on with diltiazem any more and it sounds like it does the same sort of thing.
Thanks for the info
Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !