Has someone turned the light off a the end of the tunnel?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has someone turned the light off a the end of the tunnel?

Postby SteveR » 21 Oct 2012, 00:51

I really think I will never heal. I get myself into a situation where I don't bleed for 5 days but then for absolutely no reason I bleed. I always weep so assume this means I am just not healing.
I put myself back on a low dose of lactulose and take olive oil in the am and pm, so have soft stools. But just don't heal. I'm going on holiday next wee with some friends but totally dreading it - and absolutely would prefer not to be going. I'm worried about losing my daily routine and foods, not to mention the long plane flight and time zone change.
Whilst I have little pain going, I find that two hours after I feel uncomfortable and when I walk the pain increases significantly. I hav to wait til about 7 hours after a BM to feel comfortable.
I think keeping myself soft irritates my hemorrhoids. Aaarrgghhhh! Also sometimes I have very yellow diarrhoea which really stings.
The surgeon said that unless I healed I would have to have a further procedure. Perhaps Botox - maybe more. But it was the first procedure that gave me the fissure. I just don't know what to do.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Has someone turned the light off a the end of the tunnel?

Postby owmybum » 21 Oct 2012, 03:13

Hi steveR,
I know exactly how you feel.... Your post could be me!
You just need to stay as positive as you can... I am trying too! I know that when I am feeling anxious about my holiday I tense up down there and that makes things even more painfull. I have got an appt with my crs four days before I go and will ask him what I can do to minimise pain whilst on holl. I am thinking pain killers, any type of cream with a bit of local anaesthetic in it. Etc.
I will pack plenty of lactulose, and bring some onto the plane with me in a small travel bottle to take during the flight, as it is 9 hrs.
If you are having a mostly relaxing beach holiday I think you will be fine..... I unfortunately am having a Disney Florida holiday with my hubby and kids...I will be on my feet all day!
...... Just remember to try and stay as relaxed as poss.
OMB. Image
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !