Fistula surgery, two weeks later i have a fissure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fistula surgery, two weeks later i have a fissure

Postby beerdude1 » 24 Oct 2012, 15:44

I had fistula surgery to remove a fistula on October 9th...felt great for a week, then a sharp pain, and i thought "oh no". Then another and i thought " OH NO". I have had fissure back in 2008 and had the LIS surgery to relax it and had it cleaned out as well because i procrasitinated and waited to see a doc for nine months....back to present day....I went back to the dr and she said that I have a fissure, and its pretty nasty. I told her that I would need more surgery then, she said not quite. She prescribed me the 2% Di cream or whatever it is. Well, let me tell you its been a week and i feel this is getting worse. Now there is a skin tab there and that thing is causing alot of discomfort. I read that skin tabs for as a way for protecting the anal fissure so that it doesnt get harmed any more. not sure if that is true. I have had the 'LIS surgery before and let me tell you, other than waiting for your first post surgery bowel movement, the thing was a breeze, just had to take it easy for a bit. I am going to continue to use the 2% cream she prescribed, but i know its not working....the spasms are really annoying. I can hardly walk, I feel like an old man, i can hardly walk even without the spasms. I have some questions:
1 - Does the formation of a skin tab generally mean that I am going to need surgery for the fissure and not just a skin tab removal??...Sure I would like to avoid it, however i am fully willing to be "all-in" for surgery if its the quickest solution.
2 - I have read about botox injections and have read that they are 60 percent successful, is the LIS more successful?
3 - I would much rather just opt for surgery now as opposed to waiting. The last time I had this done, i was out of work for 2 weeks, not too bad, then i was back and actually comfortable. I hope she doesnt suggest the botox...why pussyfoot around, just get the job done
beerdude1

Topics: 3