where can i find this meds?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

where can i find this meds?

Postby mutu » 26 Oct 2012, 00:32

hello everyone...
i'm 22 y/o from Malaysia suffering anal fissure. i've been dealing with this problem for 3 months and there is no sign for it to cure. My doc prescribed me with daflon500mg, proctosedyl oinment, and a stool softener but nothing positive happen. I still feel pain after my BM each day and this really effect my lifestyle. I try to find some of the meds that have been suggested here such as diltiazem, nifedipine, and isosorbide dinitrate but the pharmacies at the counter told me that this meds are for hypertension, high blood pressure and so on but not anal fissure. And they dont have the lotion or cream type, they only have pills. I was so frustrated as a lot of members here taking this meds. Can anyone here suggest me any other option that works the same as this meds?
*Sorry for my bad English it is my second language.
mutu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: where can i find this meds?

Postby jr2 » 28 Oct 2012, 10:15

Hi Mutu,
You need to find a pharmacy that specializes in compounding medication. Regular pharmacies in the US don't usually provide these services and so we have pharmacies that specialize in making up formulations customized to doctor's orders. The medications used topically for fissures, compounded by a compounding pharmacist, are indeed medications used to treat high blood pressure, but they are applied topically. There are products that are available that are already compounded by a pharmaceutical company. Rectiv and Anoheal are examples, but these products are only available in certain countries. You probably are going to need to try and find a pharmacy that understands how to compound medicines. I wish I could help more and that treatments like these were easier to receive worldwide.
Wishing you all the best in your search and in your healing.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby mutu » 31 Oct 2012, 06:22

hey jr2,
thanks a lot for your help but still i couldn't find the meds in my country. Nevermind i will try other options that been suggested in this forum. I'm now using coconut oil before and after my BM.It seems to be a bit helpful but the pain is still there. Today after my BM this morning i just realize a skin tag down there and it hurts. I dont know what else i can do.. :(
mutu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 31 Oct 2012, 18:04

Do feel that if you saw a Colon and Rectal Surgeon (FRS) that he/she would most definitely know about the treatment of fissures with a Calcium Channel Blocker (Diltiazem, Nifedipine in ointment or cream form) and Nitro. If you have only had your fissure for three months, this is the time to catch it - in the acute stage and before it becomes chronic. Proctosedyl is usually for hemorrhoid treatment, something that so many of us receive from our doctors. Hope you can see a doctor who might be able to prescribe the correct medication. Good luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222