I don't think I've come across a good Dr. yet! -input needed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I don't think I've come across a good Dr. yet! -input needed

Postby Clay » 28 Oct 2012, 16:04

I had a fissure diagnosed over 15 years ago. Had hemmorhoids but never real bad since that time. I now have a painful fissure. Been to Doctors recently. First time I went in was for hemmorhoid a few weeks back. A ligation of 1 hemmorhoid was done by local surgeon. Several days passed and then I was feeling severe pain during BM. Decided to look up a colorectal dr. in Louisville (about 60 miles away). He prescribed steroids.....
Now I realized I need some nitro. I've been researching. I came across this article:
------------------------------------------------------------

Anal fissure may be termed as a linear crack in the skin surrounding the anus which is the excretory opening from the bowel. It is usually associated with constipation and other bowel disorders. The irritation caused by fissure may extend down to the muscle fibers.
The main symptom of anal fissure is a sharp feeling of pain while passing stools. There may be itching around the anus and very often bleeding. Any stretching of this area can cause severe discomfort.
The most common cause of anal fissure is persistent constipation and the resultant hard motion which damage the mucous membrane and the tissue. Once it has been damaged the fissure is reopened at the passage of subsequent motions and infected further by feces. The root cause of this disorder may however be considered as wrong feeding.
Nature Cure for Anal fissures: The treatment of anal fissures should first commence by taking all the necessary steps to avoid constipation and soften the stools and keep them regular. The patient should be made to fast on raw juices for about five days. Juices of fruits such as carrot, orange and pineapple may be taken during this period. The patient should drink a glass of juice every two hours throughout the day mixed with water in equal proportions. Warm water enema should be administered daily during this period to cleanse the bowels.
The patient may thereafter switch to an exclusive diet of fresh fruits for the first five days. He should take fresh juicy fruits such as apple, pineapple, orange, peach, pears, grapes and papaya at an interval of five hours during this period. After this the patient can gradually embark to a well balanced diet.
The patient should strictly adhere to diet restrictions in curing anal fissure. This should consist of unrefined foods such as molasses, lentils, whole grain cereals, honey, green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, French beans, tomatoes, cabbage, onions, carrot, pumpkins and beet; fresh fruits especially mangoes, pears, figs, grapes, papaya, oranges, guavas and gooseberries; dry fruits such as apricots, figs, raisins and dates and milk products in the form of milk, butter and ghee.
One of the most effective remedy in the treatment of anal fissure is a gentle instillation of about 65 grams of olive oil into the rectum. This should be repeated daily as needed as it helps in softening the hardened stool.
Foods such as biscuits, cakes, pastries, fleshy foods, cheese, preservatives, products made of white flour, rice and white sugar should be avoided as they result into constipation. It is necessary to strictly avoid sugary foods as sugar steals away the B vitamins from the body without which the intestines cannot function properly.
Drinking sufficient quantity of water is beneficial not only for cleansing the system but also for removing constipation, washing out poisons and diluting the blood. However proper care should be taken not to drink water along with meals as it dissolves the gastric juices necessary for proper digestion. It should be taken one hour before or one hour after meals.
Daily dry friction should form a basic part of the treatment for anal fissure. The affected part should be bathed several times daily with hot and cold fomentations. A piece of linen material should be applied for three to four minutes after being wrung in hot water This hot application should be repeated three times for the same length of time. This should be followed by cold application. This order should always be adopted namely three hot applications followed by one cold application.
Regular physical exercises and fresh air should form an important part of daily health regimen. Yogic asanas such as pavanmuktasana, yogamudra, uttanpadasana, vajrasana, shalabhasana and shavasana are also very beneficial in the treatment of this disease.
Thus it can be concluded that the application of various natural remedies have been found to be very beneficial and effective in the treatment of constipation and the resultant anal fissures.

-------------------------------------------------------
I think it makes good suggestions but I would like to gather further input. I leave for a vacation in Florida on Wednesday. It's not going to be as enjoyable because I'm going to have to restrict my diet.
I did an olive oil enema today and had one BM. It did seem to go easier with the olive oil but I'll take more input wherever I can get it. I think I should make a call for a prescription for nitro. Do you think it will be easy to get an okay from the Dr.? I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to get that, given the circumstances.
Clay

Topics: 1

Re: I don't think I've come across a good Dr. yet! -input needed

Postby Savaici » 29 Oct 2012, 21:02

Best not to self-diagnose. Rather go and see the best colon and rectal surgeon that you can in the area in which you live.
Best of luck. We understand your pain Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222