Lis surgery on Tuesday nov 6 th

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lis surgery on Tuesday nov 6 th

Postby beerdude1 » 11 Nov 2012, 06:46

I had Los surgery on Tuesday November sixth... The amount of bleeding hasn't gone down at all since after the surgery... Bowel movements are still uncomfortable... Not like with the fissure thought. My doc said I had a deep fissure and that my previous surgery for my fistula needed to be cleaned up . When my wound bleeds, wet scab like jellyfish looking things come out during bowel movements.... It's not pretty... Is this normal???... I an going in to see a dr on Tuesday... One week after surgery to make sure things are normal... I can't live in the bath tub forever
beerdude1

Topics: 3

Re: Lis surgery on Tuesday nov 6 th

Postby beerdude1 » 12 Nov 2012, 10:44

Six days post surgery... The would site still stings and I leaking some fluid that is either yellowish or brown... I am not sure if this is an infection or not... Next appt is in none days.... If I don't feel better tommarrow about this drainage Ian going to go in to see her... She said my fissure was super deep... But for the sake of my sanity I will make the appt... Any advice would be appreciated
beerdude1

Topics: 3

Re: Lis surgery on Tuesday nov 6 th

Postby Neen » 12 Nov 2012, 18:19

Go with your gut...at least you can call and talk to your dr.s nurses and they should be able to determine if you need to go in or not...I did that if I had any concerns and they were good about it. I hope you feel better!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7