LIS 2 days ago feeling surprisingly ok!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS 2 days ago feeling surprisingly ok!

Postby jillywilly » 11 Nov 2012, 09:04

I had my surgery 2 days ago & although I havnt had a bm yet I havnt had much pain either which i'm most pleasantly surpised about. I'm now only taking paracetamol & diclofenac (anti inflammatory) as advised by crs. Took my dressing off this morning & think the internal dressing had come out aswell as there was a blood soaked ribbon like thing stuck on the pad & I'm not aware of any thing internal anymore but havnt poked around!! Havnt had any more bleeding or discharge so I hope that means things are healing nicely. So it's so far so good for me at the moment I know it's early days & anything could happen but I just wanted to share this with everyone. I've read so much about different af suffers experiences of lis surgery whilst I was waiting to have mine done & now I've had it done I'm so relieved & really looking forward to getting my life back cos it feels like its been on hold for the last 6 months or so. I'll report on my first bm when it happens fingers crossed it will be ok I'm drinking loads of water & trying to eat sensibly. Hugs to all those out there suffering xx
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: LIS 2 days ago feeling surprisingly ok!

Postby jillywilly » 12 Nov 2012, 05:14

Update on day 3 post LIS had first bm this morning & it was painful!! Tried to relax but was actually very scared which probably didn't help me. Stool was soft but it did sting a lot & bleed quite abit as well (I know that's to be expected) anyhow I was really uncomfortable afterwards so I had a bath & tried to relax but 2 hours later it was still hurting (btw I hadn't been in the bath for 2 hours!) so I gave in & took some of the pain killers the hospital had discharged me with (tramadol) I had tried to manage with out taking them cos I was worried about the constipation side effects but as I havnt take them regularly hopefully that won't be a problem. So here I am 3 hours after my first post op bm & just laying down bit scared to move to much in case the pain starts again & also bit scared to eat anything cos right now I can't face the thought of another bm!! On the positive side the pain is different to fissure/spasm that I suffered so badly from before the op so I really hope that that given time to heal it will all settle down ok, maybe I'm just being a bit impatient!!
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: LIS 2 days ago feeling surprisingly ok!

Postby shouldi » 12 Nov 2012, 14:11

Hope you improve very soon...
shouldi
Salt Bather

Topics: 11