Anyone else in my situation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone else in my situation

Postby dexlex1 » 16 Nov 2012, 05:29

Hi Guys
Just after a bit of information.
I have been on here a number of times before ... just to give you a quick history I've had 2 fissures (over 3 year period), 3 botox and advancment flap surgery... not healed. Then last week I got an abscess that was drained. Went to see my Consultant and he now wants to test for Crohns.
I know a lot of you guys on here have Crohns so just after a bit of information to see if anyone is same as me?
I dont think I have any other of the symptoms of Crohns? I have diarrohea, but thats becuase of the Movicol, I have cramps sometimes but they arent severe, I have lost weight a little bit but I thought that was to do with Movicol but I dont have a lack of appetite... very much the opposite :) ..... I am fatigued but I have a 2 year old son and I work full time.. who wouldnt be? :D
So has anyone been diagnosed with Crohns when the only symptoms they have are the fissures/abscesses etc?
Thanks in advance
dexlex1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Anyone else in my situation

Postby jr2 » 16 Nov 2012, 09:54

Hi Dex,
Similar here. Crohn's can in some people only affect the perianal region, so it's actually good your doctor wants to investigate. I'm underweight, have had cramping and diarrhea my whole adult life, and am plagued with chronic fissures. Doctors have long wondered about Crohn's but testing has never been able to either definitively rule it in or rule it out so pretty much it leaves doctors scratching their heads.
But to answer your question, it is possible to be diagnosed with Crohn's with just perianal symptoms. Does your doctor want imaging tests and blood work to check you over?
jr2

Topics: 15