More blood=never healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: More blood=never healing?

Postby GGky1959 » 17 Mar 2013, 16:15

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:dan--
First, PHEW. I know this post is ages old, but I need to thank you (if you are even on here still) for that post. The past couple days I've had significantly less pain during and practically no pain after BMs, but blood is still an issue, and the skin around my anus looks even more swollen. I was worried because I thought swollen + blood means regression in healing, but I'm sure you're right that the increased circulation would cause more blood. I sometimes bleed a lot too, even when I don't have pain.
I'm not on nitro yet, but will be soon.

Nitro saved me and please please disregard the headaches...just take 2 asprin and enjoy the relief. Anyone worried about blood loss....please go to the px and get yourself on iron supplements.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby coconut » 17 Mar 2013, 16:18

GGky1959 wrote:
ajl1239 wrote:I have been taking the Nitro ointment religiously now for over a week, but I have still had a couple incidents of blood -- one today, unfortunately. Not gushing in the bowl, but the streaks on the paper.
Does every incidence of blood mean straight back to square one in terms of healing? Or is it possible I am still on the road to healing?
Someone else posted that they would like to know what it feels/looks like to be healing/healed. I would also like to know!

My fissure has all but healed...miraculously. I no longer have the searing pain and my bm's are back to normal. For me, healing is having a normal everyday BM without the side effects of spasms....however I still see streaks of bright red blood on my tissue paper. I am assuming I could have an internal hemmoroid up in there or a polyp....I do have a CR appointment next month and I will ask about it. Blood loss is not good no matter where it comes from. In addition to my beloved Rectiv.....I'm also now taking iron pills..to replace the blood loss...although its hardening my stool, I also still take the small cup of MM each night...so far, so good.

I just found out that milk of magnesia causes bleeding in the stomach. I stopped taking it because my poop was black with blood and my cheeks were pale in a way that suggests anemia to me. Just thought you might like to know, so you can keep a watch out for it.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 17 Mar 2013, 16:19

jr2 wrote:aj
The episodes of bleeding don't necessarily mean a major setback. Yes, you can still be healing and still have occasions of bleeding. Keep in mind that in the initial days of healing while using nitro. you may initially see more bleeding because it is bringing added circulation to the area and dilating blood vessels. How is your pain level?

You're correct......in the early stages of the dreaded decease, I bled non stop forever...deep dark red blood.....however, toward the end, its been only minimal and very slight and it got that way shortly after the nitro usage. Anyone concerned about blood loss, please get yourself on iron pills to replenish your loss
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 17 Mar 2013, 16:26

coconut wrote:
GGky1959 wrote:
ajl1239 wrote:I have been taking the Nitro ointment religiously now for over a week, but I have still had a couple incidents of blood -- one today, unfortunately. Not gushing in the bowl, but the streaks on the paper.
Does every incidence of blood mean straight back to square one in terms of healing? Or is it possible I am still on the road to healing?
Someone else posted that they would like to know what it feels/looks like to be healing/healed. I would also like to know!

My fissure has all but healed...miraculously. I no longer have the searing pain and my bm's are back to normal. For me, healing is having a normal everyday BM without the side effects of spasms....however I still see streaks of bright red blood on my tissue paper. I am assuming I could have an internal hemmoroid up in there or a polyp....I do have a CR appointment next month and I will ask about it. Blood loss is not good no matter where it comes from. In addition to my beloved Rectiv.....I'm also now taking iron pills..to replace the blood loss...although its hardening my stool, I also still take the small cup of MM each night...so far, so good.

I just found out that milk of magnesia causes bleeding in the stomach. I stopped taking it because my poop was black with blood and my cheeks were pale in a way that suggests anemia to me. Just thought you might like to know, so you can keep a watch out for it.

Thus far my poop has been consistantly soft and brown, thanks to the mm....however I will also bring this up with my CR doc when I have my talk with him. I'm terrified of giving it up, its worked wonders for me....but thanks as always for the info.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 17 Mar 2013, 17:09

GGky -- Have you tried Miralax? I've never tried milk of magnesia, but Miralax has produced consistently soft and regular BMs for me. I mean if you're terrified of that you could safely switch.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby GGky1959 » 17 Mar 2013, 17:12

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:GGky -- Have you tried Miralax? I've never tried milk of magnesia, but Miralax has produced consistently soft and regular BMs for me. I mean if you're terrified of that you could safely switch.

I actually have a bottle of both the Miralax, Fibermucil and MM.....Both the Miralax in fiber pellets and Fibermucil is too bulky for me, I don't like the slime it produces....whereas the MM is soft and cherry flavored.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 17 Mar 2013, 17:25

Huh, I have powder Miralax. I put a few teaspoons in tea every night and I can hardly notice it's in there.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby GGky1959 » 18 Mar 2013, 16:03

CrayonOfDarkness wrote:Huh, I have powder Miralax. I put a few teaspoons in tea every night and I can hardly notice it's in there.

Then I need to get the powder...what I have a tiny little white ball pelets..
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby blesstech » 20 Mar 2013, 21:21

Hi, I have this bleeding "mystery" too. It has been nearly 2 months now for my fissure and the pain level has been reduced from 10 to ~0-1 with fissure diet.
But the bleeding is coming back this week without pain for 4 days straight, it was just bleeding like once in a week before that. The visible tear is healed as I can see but I'm not sure about the inside. I am hoping it is just a norm in the healing process and not a retear.
Confused Image
blesstech
Fibre Addict

Postby GGky1959 » 21 Mar 2013, 15:28

blesstech wrote:Hi, I have this bleeding "mystery" too. It has been nearly 2 months now for my fissure and the pain level has been reduced from 10 to ~0-1 with fissure diet.
But the bleeding is coming back this week without pain for 4 days straight, it was just bleeding like once in a week before that. The visible tear is healed as I can see but I'm not sure about the inside. I am hoping it is just a norm in the healing process and not a retear.
Confused Image

Intestinal bleeding is not normal, however.....when your dealing with a fissure tear, hemmoroids, polyps, etc, it could be anything. I personally would watch for color trends....as long as the blood is bright red, I wouldn't be concerned. However, if its of a dark nature, that's old blood and there's a build up forming somewhere. I'm not a doctor of course, but when I told my doctor about my blood concerns this is what I was told. So please relax and don't be too concerned....I also began taking iron supplements to rebuild my red blood cells from the blood loss...I did this after speaking to an insurance nurse on the phone...I was advised that iron pills hardens the stool also.
Good luck and please don't worry.
March Madness is on!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist